Author: voice_cd

We want to hear from you   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-9-22 12:54:13 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Disclaimer: Thoughtful responses will be enjoyed & in some cases, elicit a
response. All others from trolls,
conspiracy nuts and the willfully ignorant will be ignored. Thank you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-22 12:56:13 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-22 19:41:16 |Display all floors
vorgal78 Post time: 2012-9-17 17:51
I am an occasional visitor to China.

When I first landed in Shenyang airport in the year 2000 I was ...

Continued.

(Sorry for the delay)

The months that remained in China were full of frenzied activity. I told my parents the news, only my mother had met my bride to be but my whole family were excited for me. Friends too, were excited, if a little shocked in some cases.

I spent much of my free time being introduced to my bride to be's family. As should be expected they had mixed feelings but they were gracious to take me into their homes and lives and try to get to know me, despite the language barrier.

The time passed quickly and although at the time it seemed the shopping trips for rings, dresses and effects were endless it was not long before we were getting ready to be married. The day arrived. As is the custom for Australians. I dressed in a suit and tie, as did my friend who would be my only support on the big day. We were to be married in a registry although the details were unknown to me as my father in law had organised it all.

We took a taxi there to meet my lady. i arrived and was confused. In front of us stood my lady and her father.....very casually dressed. No, others waited in the wings. Was this to be my marriage?

We all marched inside a non-descript government building, mostly deserted it seemed. Up two flights of stairs to an office where a lady behind a desk sat me down next to my wife to be and shot brief questions at us. She checked my passport and Visa, checked my wife's family book. Stamped a small red pamplet with a photo of myself and her in it.

Bam! I was a married man.

to be continued

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-22 19:42:21 |Display all floors
soapdodger Post time: 2012-9-22 12:48
Aha! I remember Sophies ... nice little bar to hang out in. Haven't been there for years though si ...

I met a Scot in Sophies actually. Wonder if it is the same one?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-9-23 01:51:00 |Display all floors
soapdodger Post time: 2012-9-21 20:54
I'd put my experiences of close to 15 years of living in China up against your few weeks of holida ...

I have lived in China for 30 years. I was born on the moon and have traveled to 8 to the 9 planets.
Forget what you read and all those conversations. You should only listen to me if you want to know
the truth. You're such a child.
Nobody believes anything you say.
Even if you did live in China it wouldn't' make any difference. You're so obviously a right wing
internet mercenary you couldn't be counted on to be an unbiased observer anyway.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-23 02:02:48 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-9-24 02:16:06 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-9-23 05:20
Robber, did you read this generous offer?

No thanks. I don't mix with drug dealers, pimps, thieves, or child molesters and I certainly don't mix with
brain dead western propagandists who spread lies and hate with the intent of fomenting political unrest.
Keep your lies to yourselves.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.