Author: voice_cd

We want to hear from you   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-9-10 10:11:43 |Display all floors
This post was edited by robert237 at 2012-9-9 18:15

Just about every country with a navy and a few cannonballs was getting in on the action of subjugating China in the late 1800s.
It wasn't just the British.
The Treaty of Shimonoseki force China to cede Taiwan and the Penghu Islands to Japan, pay a huge indemnity, permit the
establishment of Japanese industries in four treaty ports, and recognize Japanese hegemony over Korea. In 1898 the
British acquired a ninety-nine-year lease over the so-called New Territories of Kowloon which increased the size of
their Hong Kong colony. Britain, Japan, Russia, Germany, France, and Belgium each gained spheres of influence in China.
The USA, which had not acquired any territory cessions, proposed in 1899 that there be an "open door" policy in China,
whereby all foreign countries would have equal duties and privileges in all treaty ports within and outside of the
various spheres of influence. All but Russia agreed to the USA overture.

China must never forget that greed is the sole driver of capitalism in the west and the super-rich cannot be reformed.
Never let them get their greedy little hands on any of China's banking industry. They are nothing more than thieves.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-9-10 22:35:04 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2012-9-10 10:11
Just about every country with a navy and a few cannonballs was getting in on the action of subjugati ...

China built a stronggest navy in Asia of the late 1890s. However, it was defeated by Japan. Of course many Chinese asked why Beiyang Navy failed. Many Chinese think it caused by rampant bribery and corruption.

Many Chinese believed that rampant bribery and corruption, not communist, defeated KMT gov from 1946 to 1949.

our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-9-10 22:52:15 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 468259058 at 2012-9-10 22:56

Changes of college graudates' salaries

Most of our salaries would go into property market. College graduates' salaries definitely went sharply down compare with prices' change in property market in the past 10 years.
A few of our salaries would go into home appliance. College graduates' salaries rose up compare with the prices' change in home appliance.
food.
transport.
etc.

In the past 10 years, in general, college students' salaries were sharply going down due to the soaring price in property market (including the rental).

In the past 10 years, following the same logic, farmers' income were going up. (Price of building a house in rural area didn't rise up too much. Most of farmers' income would go into building a house.)

In the past 10 years, the income of Party (gov) officials rose up sharply. 10 years ago, most of college talents like to work in companies. Now, most of college talents like to work in Party (gov).

To be continued...

our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-9-11 09:44:25 |Display all floors
468259058 Post time: 2012-9-10 06:35
China built a stronggest navy in Asia of the late 1890s. However, it was defeated by Japan. Of cou ...

The KMT was sponsored by the west so no wonder there was so much bribery and corruption within.
Greed is the only driver of capitalism.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-11 10:09:22 |Display all floors
St_George Post time: 2012-9-3 22:03
This year, I bought an apartment at nearly 1 million yuan.

You seem to have spent rather a lot of m ...

George, that's a fairly cheap apartment really. In the larger cities, it's extremely cheap indeed!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-11 10:14:34 |Display all floors
As for my observations of the last 9 years.

1/
When I first came to China, I was really surprised at the sheer amount of workers on building sites and road construction projects. Now automation and machinery has taken the place of many of those people although there are still a lot of folks on those kinds of projects.

2/
Inflation! The price of things has gone through the roof and I wonder how low and single income families make ends meet!

There are others but these 2 are the most emphatic in my memory....until I think of something else.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-9-11 15:33:00 |Display all floors
One thing that has never change: The money in pocket is never enough . The note got bigger, but the value got smaller
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.