Author: WhiteBear

[Recipes]: expat cuisine in China - recipes by White Bear   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-9-26 18:37:28 |Display all floors
lionstar Post time: 2012-9-26 13:58
indeed it´s not easy to find lamb, veal etc.; but luckily a METRO is just nearby me, sometimes they ...

You have to be in Muslim areas or Xingjiang,there should be lots of lambs for sell.

Lamb is good ,it is not greasy and I tried few times in HZ.
LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-9-27 13:15:34 |Display all floors
This post was edited by WhiteBear at 2012-9-27 13:30

Merry Porky in burned forest

This time poor Porky ended His life in burning forest.
He failed to escape…
And because of His liquid supplies - His death was instant, and smelled good.
The minute of silence for His memory.
R.I.P. (Roast In Pan)

Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 60-90 minutes
Level: medium

Ingredients:
- pork meat (could be with fat) – I used meat from leg, marinated in garlic and spicy peppers
- dried black mushrooms
- fresh white mushrooms
- brandy

Preparation:
- meat should be marinated at list overnight

- pour dried mushrooms in hot water, and let it rest for 15 minutes in hot bath
(You can add soy sauce – the best will be black, or black mushrooms flavored)

- wash and dry white mushrooms

- cut soaked black mushrooms in stripes

- pour oil on the pan or wok (this time I used pan), and heat
- add the pork meat  (with its marinade), and fry until liquid almost disappear, and meat will be golden-brown

NOW BE CAREFUL – remove all flammable items from around and above pan, hide children under the table, etc.
- pour serious amount of brandy to the pan (at list one “medium rice bowl” or big glass – 0,2-0,3l maybe more)
- hold the pan in extended  arm(s), and move it little aside to let fire from stove burn the brandy

- let the fire subside, and now You have nice sauce J

- add black mushrooms, and simmer it until meat is almost ready (edible but alittle hard), if there sauce would evaporate before that – just add a little boiled water (hot) and continue cooking

- now add white mushrooms, set high heat, and cover the pan (wok), let it cook for about 3 minutes on high heat, then stir, set low heat and continue simmering until meat is as soft it can be “cut” with the sticks

serve hot:
- Chinese style (with rice, or noodles)
or
- western style (with potatoes, fries, or bread)
or any other way You like

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-28 11:52:43 |Display all floors
This post was edited by WhiteBear at 2012-9-28 11:54

EMERGENCY!!!

please tell me ... when making dough for steamed buns, You use wheat flour, or rice flour?
recipes that I found says only "flour"...

yesterday evening I made my first filled buns, but I'm not satisfied... maybe the reason is flour?

even after steaming buns are to "heavy" (I used wheat flour, and 1 1/2 tablespoon of instant yeast for 350g package of flour, few tablespoons of sugar and normal amount of water)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-28 19:54:25 |Display all floors
This post was edited by hughliuie at 2012-9-28 12:00

Not sure if every Polish is known for his culinary skills. I'd stayed in a house where there are two Polish. One of them is a trained chef and is managing a small coffee shop in the city enter of Dublin. Another is his wife. They've kepted the whole house clean and tidy (I once get complaints from other housemates for not doing my fair share of housekeeping). Occasionally the couple shared beer with me.

So here I found another master chef !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-28 19:57:21 |Display all floors
to be more accurate, it is the Chinese cuisine skills you've intended to show in this thread.

I like it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-28 22:14:37 |Display all floors
hughliuie Post time: 2012-9-28 19:54
Not sure if every Polish is known for his culinary skills. I'd stayed in a house where there are ...

I'm not master :) more like hobby - chef
it's just "after hours" activity

but thanks for compliments

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2012-9-29 04:25:35 |Display all floors
WhiteBear Post time: 2012-9-28 11:52
EMERGENCY!!!

please tell me ... when making dough for steamed buns, You use wheat flour, or rice f ...

Just be sure you dont use Flower

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.