Views: 6170|Replies: 22

77 confirmed dead in Beijing torrential rains   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-7-26 21:44:41 |Display all floors
77 !!!, no wonder people doubt about the original number of 37!

The death toll from Saturday's torrential storms in Beijing climbed to 77, the Beijing municipal government said in a news conference Thursday.

So far authorities have identified 66 bodies.

The number was updated by the information office of the Beijing municipal government on Thursday evening.
The heaviest rain in six decades lashed Beijing on Saturday, with the average precipitation reaching 170 mm while a township in the suburban district of Fangshan recording 460 mm of rain. [xinhua]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-27 09:40:12 |Display all floors
I felt so sad upon hearing this news since last night. can`t imaging the specific details what those dead been through and what was on their mind when the last moment came. one thing for sure that they must been fought very hard under those toughest situation and, suffered a lot before the last moment came...let us mourn for the dead, wish that they could leave in peace...(but how can they since they left their relatives or their loves behind without a hint all in a sudden.) i believe they were smart enough just like u and me, and they used to have had a common life like u and me. it is hard to say who will be the one r able to give a fair explanation to us, to those who lost their family members...shall we say it is the way it should be? is this also a fate? let us stay in peace then, cz i don`t know the answer yet, maybe no one does.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-27 09:51:14 |Display all floors
It seems only the West cares about this news; people of Beijing have moved on long ago.

The fat guy loved by the Sinophobic West.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-27 15:21:13 |Display all floors
perhape the number will be more
Heavens bless you & me!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-27 15:57:53 |Display all floors
timbatu Post time: 2012-7-27 09:51
It seems only the West cares about this news; people of Beijing have moved on long ago.

What can the Beijing people do except moving on?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-27 17:01:36 |Display all floors
i heard an amazing news the day before yesterday from CCTC 13, during the rain, a driver drove his car into the river and the door of the car was closed deadly, he tried to escape from the car by lots of methods. at last he failed , and he hit the windows by his head until the head was broken with lots of blood, but he didnot succeed, when i heard this ,my brain appared his struggle scene which is amazing.after this news was reported, i think most of people want to know how did the car designed? didnot the desigeners consider this special condition?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-27 17:07:04 |Display all floors
so many years, this is the first time for beijing to encounter this disaster, i wish beijing people are well

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.