Author: desperado123

Would it possible to ban gun in US?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-7-28 07:58:04 |Display all floors
Chechen Post time: 2012-7-28 04:09
Nevertheless you would not like it there.

Of course he will like it there.......guns are never in evidence anywhere.......there is no gun-culture as such in Switzerland or any other part of Europe that I visited. The degree of legislation varies throughout the EU, but on the whole gun ownership is allowed.
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-28 09:00:14 |Display all floors
jay_dee Post time: 2012-7-28 06:50
It is a pretty Country tho.

SMITHI you crack me up

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-28 10:10:31 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Chechen at 2012-7-28 15:51
TheHermit Post time: 2012-7-28 07:48
Typical anti-gun lobby rhetoric...... No sane person will give a weapon to a child Smithi.

It i ...

You are a good man Hermit, but the true information about Switzerland has been kept from you.

Back in 1994, when the U.S. Congress was debating whether to ban "assault weapons," a talk show host asked Senator Bill Bradley of New Jersey, a sponsor of the ban, whether guns cause crime. The host noted that, in Switzerland, all males are issued assault rifles for their militia service and are required to keep them at home, yet little crime exists there. Bradley responded: "My guess is--Swiss are pretty dull--so my guess is that probably didn't happen."

Actually, for those who think that target shooting is more fun than golf, Switzerland is anything but "dull." By car or by train, you see shooting ranges all over the country, but only a few golf courses. If there is a Schuetzenfest in town, you will find rifles slung on hat racks in restaurants, and you will encounter men and women, old and young, walking, biking, and taking the tram with rifles over the shoulder, to and from the range.

They stroll right past the police station and no one bats an eye (in the U.S. a SWAT Team might do you in).

Tourists--especially those from Japan, where guns are banned to all but the police--think it's a revolution. But shooting is really just the national sport, although it has the deadly serious function of being the backbone of the national defense.

Although there is more per capita firepower in Switzerland than any place in the world, it is one of the safest places to be. To the delight of Americans who support the right to keep and bear arms, Switzerland is the proof in the pudding of the argument that guns don't cause crime.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-28 15:48:06 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2012-7-28 07:48
Typical anti-gun lobby rhetoric...... No sane person will give a weapon to a child Smithi.

It i ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-29 01:49:45 |Display all floors
Chechen Post time: 2012-7-28 10:10
You are a good man Hermit, but the true information about Switzerland has been kept fro ...

I knew that Chechen, a similar situation also exists on the Island of Cyprus where all males take their kit home including the H&K G3 and a lot of ammo, after completing their national service.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-29 04:25:23 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Chechen at 2012-7-29 04:25
TheHermit Post time: 2012-7-29 01:49
I knew that Chechen, a similar situation also exists on the Island of Cyprus where all males take  ...

Thanks for the Cyprus info Hermit, I was not aware of that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-29 06:26:47 |Display all floors
This post was edited by TheHermit at 2012-7-29 06:28
Chechen Post time: 2012-7-29 04:25
Thanks for the Cyprus info Hermit, I was not aware of that.

Also in Finland one has to prove himself to be a marksman before being issued with a hunting licence, so I was told. It is however quite easy to acquire a certificate for a firearm in Finland, than most other parts of Europe.

The legislation in some countries does not seem logical at all, as in the case of France where 9mm is classed as a military caliber and therefore banned while a .357 magnum is not.

But then as you are probably aware gun law is a nightmare for any would be traveler in the US. One can find oneself in trouble just by crossing the state line.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.