Views: 7708|Replies: 51

Iran senses defeat in Syria [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-7-22 23:05:29 |Display all floors

Now that Iran is beginning to sense defeat in Syria, it has begun to feel that the “Arab Spring” is nothing but a curse against it, after it previously viewed this as a “gift from God”.  This is also what Hezbollah in Lebanon is sensing, as revealed by Hassan Nasrallah’s most recent speech.

Tehran, which previously hailed the Arab Spring in the region, viewing this as part of a grand Islamic awakening, has today begun to view its events as a conspiracy now that it is sensing the impending end of its vital regional ally, Bashar al-Assad.  This means that Syria, and indeed the region as a whole, will rid itself of what has been by-far the worst Arab regime over the past 4 decades.  Iran and Hezbollah’s loss has become a genuine reality.  Tehran has lost the popularity it previously enjoyed in the Arab region after its hypocrisy and false claims have been exposed.  Tehran hailed the revolutions in Egypt and Tunisia and supported the popular movement in Bahrain but opposed the real revolution in Syria, despite all the suffering and killing that the Syrian people were exposed to at the hands of the tyrant al-Assad.

The same applies to Hassan Nasrallah, who lost his senses and temper when he launched an attack on everybody in defense of al-Assad and those he described as “martyrs”, namely the members of al-Assad’s terror cell who were killed at the national security headquarters in Damascus by the Free Syrian Army [FSA].  Indeed, Nasrallah even attacked the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt – who he had previously praised – and went even further than this, issuing a warning to the Palestinians, saying that their subjection to Arab regimes means the loss of the Palestinian Cause.  We do not know whether Nasrallah want the Palestinians to be subject to the Iranian regime, for example, or whether he was acknowledging, albeit unknowingly, that he is not an Arab, and is unconcerned with the Arab world!

All of this exposes the hypocrisy of Iran and Hezbollah, and all those who claim to be supporters of the “resistance”, not to mention all those who are spinning in its orbit, including those who support Arab decisions being subject to Iran.  This hypocrisy has been exposed today in front of the Arab general public, particularly those who had previously been deceived by this and intimidated by warnings against Iranian influence and the so-called “resistance” axis.  However the Iranian camp has been exposed following al-Assad’s weakening grip on power, and this gives rise to the question: what future will Tehran and its agents face following the ouster of al-Assad?  There can be no doubt that the regional scene will be completely different, and the main difference will be that Iran’s hand will have been cut off from the region for the first time in approximately 4 decades.  This will represent a major blow to Iranian foreign policy, which is something that we stated approximately one year ago.

Iran will not only be weakened regionally, but also domestically as well, and the hard-line Tehran regime will find itself facing a singular truth, namely that it has lost the most important project it launched following the Khomeinist revolution, namely its control over Syria, and its transforming the country into a pro-Tehran intelligence headquarters whose sole mission was to carry out the worst operations in our region.  This is what Iran and its agents are sensing now, as the moment of the fall of the tyrant of Damascus fast approaches, and this is something that requires great Arab caution, across the entire region.

余优素福

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-22 23:34:44 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Revolutionar at 2012-7-22 23:35

Very good article, cja.

But it is not the fall of Assad but rather being on the wrong side of history that constitutes Iran's first major foreign policy failure since the Revolution.

The fall of Assad is now even robbing Hezbollah of its moral high ground and popularity.

The fall of Assad is the key to the restructuring of the entire region.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-22 23:46:08 |Display all floors
Yes  very good article

Iran and Hezbollah is in trouble now.

For betting and supporting the wrong horse.

History is very unforgiving.

History favors the brave and those who has vision

History favors  those who can adapt the fastest.

History favors those who can leave Assad the fastest.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-23 10:05:28 |Display all floors
And a final statistic to explain the revolution outside Damascus. Latest figures show that 58 per cent of Syrian's population under 24 years old are unemployed (higher, even, than Egypt), while 48 per cent of the 18-29 year-old age range – a statistic only beaten by Yemen – have no jobs. They do now, of course. Most have joined the Syrian revolt.""""""

The moral of the story is"............

Russia, China and Iran are dumb and or no morals to support Assad  under such circumstances.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-23 18:39:36 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-7-22 18:34
Very good article, cja.

But it is not the fall of Assad but rather being on the wrong side of histo ...

MY PLEASURE.

{:soso_e181:}

余优素福

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-23 18:42:54 |Display all floors

sense of democracy in Iraq ten years later:

Bomb attacks, shootings kill 91, injure dozens in Iraq

File photo of the site of a bomb attack carried out in Iraq

Mon Jul 23, 2012

At least 91 people, including security forces, have been killed in bomb attacks and shootings carried out in the Iraqi capital, Baghdad, the northern city of Kirkuk and several other towns.

Iraqi security and medical sources said a total of more than 170 people were injured in the attacks on Monday.

At least 42 people were killed in a series of bombings in the town of Taji, about 25 kilometers (15 miles) north of Baghdad.

Gunmen carried out an attack on a military base east of the town of Dhuluiyah, north of the capital, at 5:00 a.m. local time (0200 GMT), killing 15 Iraqi soldiers.

Three people were also killed in two bomb attacks in the neighborhoods of Husseiniyah and Yarmuk in Baghdad, and a car bombing carried out in the Shia neighborhood of Sadr City at 9:30 a.m. local time (0630 GMT) killed at least 12 people.

In Kirkuk and the towns of Tuz Khurmatu and Dibis in Kirkuk Province, bomb attacks killed seven people, the sources said.

A woman was also killed in a car bombing near a mosque in the town of Dujail in Salahuddin Province, north of Baghdad.

Meanwhile, security officials in the city of Baqouba, the capital of Diyala Province, said 11 people, including Iraqi soldiers, were killed in checkpoint shootings and bomb attacks in the province.

The latest attacks in Iraq marked the deadliest day in the country in two years.

Only in June, nearly 200 people were killed and scores of others injured in similar attacks across Iraq.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-23 18:43:37 |Display all floors
cjamesyee Post time: 2012-7-23 18:39
MY PLEASURE.

Very few people in the world understood this article.

Only those who understand this article can understand Middle East.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.