Author: UYA

"Smoking Tax"....Bad idea   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-7-21 11:33:40 |Display all floors
Thirty million Japs smoke.

It just so happens they also have one of the worlds highest averages in life expectancy.

So work that out.
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-21 16:02:57 |Display all floors
lionsclub Post time: 2012-7-20 19:38
youre much more likely to die from taking medicine from american pharmaceutical corporations

You are much more likely to die in China crossing the road or breathing the filthy air.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-21 16:03:52 |Display all floors
lionsclub Post time: 2012-7-20 19:39
let's compromise. tax only foreign cigaret corporations

Foreign corps only account for about 5% of the tobacco sales in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-21 16:04:10 |Display all floors
St_George Post time: 2012-7-21 11:33
Thirty million Japs smoke.

It just so happens they also have one of the worlds highest averages in  ...

Smoking wont kill you off in one clean kill unfortunately ,some will say.
Smokers will get a heart attack and survive to only limp through the remaining decades
Smokers might get lung problems and live the remaining years on oxygen .
Smokers are prone to diabetes,they will live but have to monitor their blood sugar levels virtually hourly.
Seen all this.
this is ok just wished they didn't waste the time and resources of the medical facilities.Time and money that could be spent on treating more deserving patients.i.e.chidhood and non preventable illnesses.
so tax the prverbial out of them maybe the government could get some $ to cover their medical bills.
ExJ.H

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-21 16:48:30 |Display all floors
This post was edited by St_George at 2012-7-21 16:49

so tax the prverbial out of them maybe the government could get some $ to cover their medical bills.

But that doesn't work, like i said it just leads to smuggled baccy.

The biggest killer of all and its associated diseases in the West now is obesity.

So maybe the next thing will be a ' fat tax '   
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-21 17:05:14 |Display all floors
St_George Post time: 2012-7-21 16:48
so tax the prverbial out of them maybe the government could get some $ to cover their medical bills. ...

There are two taxes that are very important.

Tobacco tax and carbon tax.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-21 17:07:52 |Display all floors
St_George Post time: 2012-7-21 16:48
so tax the prverbial out of them maybe the government could get some $ to cover their medical bills. ...

obesity is the biggest kill in the west because smoking has declined
and yes fat tax is coming.
Im overwieght I can see the sales tax on certain processed food oneday will include a fat tax and one day I will be treated like a misfit like the smokers.
Im ready and waiting.
ExJ.H

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.