Author: timbatu

How to make inquiry to US police?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-7-18 21:34:03 |Display all floors
timbatu Post time: 2012-7-18 21:26
Girl Scout and Boy Scout discriminate atheists. There are on-going lawsuit. Do you dismiss these ca ...

The workplace is not the time or place to be political.  

The guy who started the email - his intentions were to help his kid.  They had nothing to do with discriminating against atheists - Atheists like girl scout cookies and are free to buy as many as they like!  I love those thin mints.....

But of course you see evil intentions of someone trying to help out his kid.  I would of fired you too just to help out moral.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-18 21:37:15 |Display all floors
This post was edited by timbatu at 2012-7-18 21:38
JFenix Post time: 2012-7-18 21:34
The workplace is not the time or place to be political.  

The guy who started the email - his int ...

JFenix, this is your problem. You see Girl Scout as moral while others do not. One would wonder why Western Christian parents are tolerated to brutally brainwashing their children with the Christian doctrines. Psychologically, this practice traumatize children. But the people like JFenix have a very narrow view point and their Christian faith-based approach repels science and rationality.

JFenix, can you comprehend that for many people, Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts harm children and they dicriminate nonbelievers?

The bottom line is that: can you force your view point as universal values at workplace? Is this the freedom the US is preaching to China?

The fat guy loved by the Sinophobic West.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-18 21:37:24 |Display all floors
timbatu Post time: 2012-7-18 21:26
Girl Scout and Boy Scout discriminate atheists. There are on-going lawsuit. Do you dismiss these ca ...

You are just as radical as these fruitcakes!:

================================================

Informed Christians Say No to Girl Scout Cookies

Do you want your girls to be taught Christian values so God can bless them? Most parents do. Girl Scouts have become anti-God and people are boycotting Girl Scouts and Girl Scout cookies.  If you would like to learn what Girl Scouts alternatives there are, see this link. Now here is the story:

(Cathy Cleaver Ruse, LifeSiteNews.com) – When our sweet little neighbor in her brown camp uniform came knocking on our door this year, we had to say no. I told her mother that I didn’t want to hurt Katie’s feelings, but I couldn’t support the Girl Scout cookie sale anymore because I’d learned too much about the organizers’ agenda, primarily their support for abortion and partnership with Planned Parenthood.

I worried that my “political” stand would cause uneasiness between us, but her response put me at ease: “Well,” she said, “they do use unpaid child labor to make their sales, and the troop only gets 10 percent of the revenues anyway.”

Or is it? Cathy Ruse argues that Girl Scouts’ ties with abortion giant Planned Parenthood, and a morally “progressive” agenda discounts it from receiving our support.

True. According to the Girl Scouts’ website, the lion’s share of the money goes not to the troop but to bureaucrats up the chain of command in multicounty councils. The national office gets a piece of the pie, too, in the form of royalties based on gross annual sales volume – about 200 million boxes per year.

It’s a sacrifice, because I love the cookies and the cuties who sell them, but enough is enough.

I remember the Girl Scouts being flaky way back in the early 1970s. When I was a Brownie, I was told to recite some chant and step over a mirror. If I had known the word, I would have called it “pagan.” Even an unchurched girl of 7 could smell a rat.

Last year, the Girl Scouts decided to admit boys who dress as girls. When asked to admit a cross-dressing 7-year-old boy, a Colorado troop leader demurred, explaining to his mother, with tact and irrefutable logic, that her son couldn’t be a Girl Scout because he has “boy parts.”

The troop leader was chastised by the mom as being insensitive and promptly was overruled by the Girl Scout top brass, who, in a statement said, “If a child identifies as a girl and the child’s family presents her as a girl, Girl Scouts of Colorado welcomes her as a Girl Scout.” Perpetuating this cruel charade on the little boy and forcing little girls to participate in it is “inclusiveness” to the Girl Scouts. To others, it’s child abuse.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-18 21:39:20 |Display all floors
This post was edited by timbatu at 2012-7-18 21:40
JFenix Post time: 2012-7-18 21:37
You are just as radical as these fruitcakes!:

================================================

JFenix, I did not dictate the coworker that he cannot send the email. I merely asked myself to be removed from his list. The email is not related to work. Why should my workplace force such unrelated email on its employee?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-18 21:42:05 |Display all floors
timbatu Post time: 2012-7-18 21:39
JFenix, I did not dictate the coworker that he cannot send the email. I merely asked myself to be r ...

Valid points, however, based on your record here, I have to question how 'polite' you were about it.

You seem to think it's perfectly acceptable to label everyone you don't like as radical, racist, white christians.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-18 21:44:04 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-7-18 21:42
Valid points, however, based on your record here, I have to question how 'polite' you were about i ...

Here is the full text of my email:

Dear *****,
Due to culture and religious differences and the discrimination I experienced, I request to opt out of this email. Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-18 22:16:02 |Display all floors
timbatu Post time: 2012-7-18 21:44
Here is the full text of my email:

Dear *****,

Can you not see how that is offensive?

If I saw that email, I would think you are a fruitcake, just like those christians above that refuse to buy girl scout cookies because they support planned parenthood.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.