Views: 3722|Replies: 18

Tsinghua prof wants “Chinese Union” to rival EU and US   [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-7-11 11:02:35 |Display all floors

Ju Jiandong, director of the Center for Economic Research at Tsinghua University in Beijing, has floated the idea of a “Chinese Union” that would consist of the following nine territories: China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, North Korea, South Korea, Vietnam, Singapore and Mongolia.

He adds, according to Want China Times:

With more challenges and obstacles facing international trade, Ju said that regional trade will be more active in the future. Because of this, he suggested the creation of a “Chinese Union” as a new and strong competitor to the European Union and North America — what Ju called a new era of Three Kingdoms, a reference to a period in classical Chinese history.Ju suggested that the economic development of Far East nations is totally different from the experience of Europe and America. While the culture of the west emphasizes individualism, eastern cultures embrace a collective model. Because of this, Ju believes the nine aforementioned Asian countries and regions which share cultural similarities should work together for their mutual benefit.

We say, good luck to him in turning the idea into reality.

Source: Shanghaiist

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-11 11:17:10 |Display all floors
Why should it be called a "Chinese union"?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-11 13:01:33 |Display all floors
This post was edited by timbatu at 2012-7-11 13:03

Is he an ignorant about the listed countries? Send him to accomplish his dream with regard to Vietnam and let him learn his own idiocy, just like what the US learned the hard way.

The fat guy loved by the Sinophobic West.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-11 13:08:02 |Display all floors
HK, Macau are already part of China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-11 22:22:07 |Display all floors
A "Chinese Union".....North Korea, South Korea, Vietnam and Mongolia will be happy to hear that. LOL
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-12 00:05:39 |Display all floors
In Queen bee ism, there is no union, only got survival of the fittest.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-7-12 00:15:05 |Display all floors
Good idea  ...........

And spot the odd one out  ...........     

Very clever indeed  ............      

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.