Author: desperado123

Andy Xie: Australia would be next Spain   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-7-23 14:24:47 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-7-23 14:14
Australian economy is eminently adaptable.

Dont worry your silly brains so much.

Yes, the economy is adaptable, but when Parliment (which sets the operating environment) is like a circus which is all clowns and no ring-master, it does no good for anyone.

Australia is sorely lacking a leader who has the vision, drive and strength of character to make decisions based on what is best for the country, not what is best for their own self-interest and those of their backers, be that "big business", the unions or environmental lobby.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-23 14:26:01 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-7-23 14:22
by the way,

do you know the largest refineries in the world are going to be in Australia?

Provide some links or evidence please, there has been nothing ofnote in the Australian media or from my contacts there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-23 14:28:11 |Display all floors
zglobal Post time: 2012-7-23 14:21
Another stupid comment from someone that knows nothing about Australia when I live there half of e ...

how many people you have in Australia?

300 million?

those 25 million people in Australia will do well, come what may.

no iron , got gas.
no manufacturing, got agriculture

and if Australia needs some money, can always take the money from Chinese parents.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-23 14:40:25 |Display all floors
RealMadrid1 Post time: 2012-7-23 14:26
Provide some links or evidence please, there has been nothing ofnote in the Australian media or fr ...

SYDNEY: Australia is set to become the world's biggest liquefied natural gas producer, with analysts predicting it will overtake Qatar by 2020 as it unlocks reserves that could last more than a century.

Seven of the world's 10 major LNG projects are under construction Down Under, with A$176bil (US$183bil) of private Australian and foreign investment in gas projects since 2007.

“The projects already under development will take us ahead of Qatar. It's just a case of when that happens,” Wood Mackenzie analyst Chris Graham told AFP.

Analysts expect Australia to pip the small Gulf emirate, which holds the world's third-largest gas reserves and last year saw LNG production capacity rise to 77 million tonnes per annum (mtpa), by 2020.

But the government is hoping it reaches the target sooner, with China's demand for LNG growing by almost one-third last year, while India's import capacity was projected to triple by 2015.

Australia is already the fourth biggest source of LNG in the world, with three export-operational projects Western Australia's North West Shelf and Pluto projects, and Darwin LNG in the Northern Territory.

Indonesia and Malaysia are the second and third largest.

But based on projects that are already committed or under construction, Australia's LNG exports of 18.9 mtpa worth A$11.1bil in 2011 are expected to hit 63 mtpa by 2016-17.

Beyond these, there is a suite of other proposals that if developed could increase output above 100 mtpa, and potentially position Australia as the world's largest LNG exporter by the end of the decade.

“By 2017, based on proposed and committed new projects, Australia's LNG production capacity is projected to quadruple,” Resources Minister Martin Ferguson  said.

Australia's abundance of natural resources and proximity to commodities-hungry Asia helped the economy avoid recession during the global financial crisis, thanks to exports of coal and iron ore.

LNG is the newest potential earner from Asia's development, with the vast majority of exports already sold to Japan (69% in 2010) and with sales contracts to supply China and South Korea also in place.

“Australia is a very popular source for East Asian buyers because of low political risk and they are comfortable dealing with operators in this country,” Graham said.

“Sure, it is a high cost environment but resources in Australia are huge and opportunity from a resource perspective is obviously there and it ultimately comes down to competing projects elsewhere in the world.”

Adrian Wood, an analyst at Macquarie Securities, said Australia was likely to overtake Qatar by 2020, but only just, with strong competition from the United States and also potentially parts of Africa.

The Australian government expects LNG exports to expand rapidly as developing countries enjoy economic growth and move away from using coal to gas for electricity generation.

“Natural gas is increasingly the fuel of choice for developing economies because of its versatility and lower carbon emissions compared with other fossil fuels,” Ferguson said. - AFP

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-23 14:46:17 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Revolutionar at 2012-7-23 14:47
RealMadrid1 Post time: 2012-7-23 14:24
Yes, the economy is adaptable, but when Parliment (which sets the operating environment) is like a ...
  1. Australia is sorely lacking a leader who has the vision, drive and strength of character to make decisions based on what is best for the country, not what is best for their own self-interest and those of their backers, be that "big business", the unions or environmental lobby.
Copy code
there is no need.

you over estimate the importance of a strong government.

Australia will do well, whatever  bickering they have in parliament.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-23 14:53:33 |Display all floors
zglobal Post time: 2012-7-23 13:49
If the bubble bursts in China, Australia will be decimated.

Revolutionar:
  1. If Australia ever needs money, it can sell a little bit of the desert to the Chinese speculators who are dying to take money out of China.
Copy code
Both of you tell the truth partly. Due to China's enormous material demand, Australia gets immune from the economic depression since 2008. In this way, you could say Assuies benefit from China's stimulus policies, But we could say who would be in a higher position cause it's a bilateral and reciprocal trade bussiness.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-23 14:59:16 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.