Views: 977|Replies: 2

The 'most beautiful teacher' joins the Party [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-7-5 14:25:10 |Display all floors
Zhang was a teacher at Middle School #19 in Jiamusi City, Helongjiang province when she was crossing the street with two of her students and noticed an out-of-control bus speeding towards them. She pushed her students out of the way, but fell under the bus herself. Doctors had to amputate both her legs to save her.

Zhang has since been featured frequently in the Chinese media, as an everyday hero to emulate. She has been declared “the most beautiful teacher” (最美女教师) and, along with several others, has been chosen as an exemplar for the kind of civil morality the Party hopes to promote.

She told the reporter she first applied to the Party at the age of 16, before she really understood what that meant. Party membership has been her dream for a long time. Now, she said, joining the Party “feels like falling back into my mother’s arms.”

She also said, “Having gone through such a catastrophe, I have a new understanding of the Communist Party. I think the Party is really like family. At my most difficult, most dangerous moments, they took care of me and supported me in every possible way. They were with me, and helped me get past the most difficult times of my crisis so I can have a new life.”
Zhang is still in intensive care, and doctors say she is recovering well. She will be released once the wounds fully heal, and will then begin rehabilitation and prosthetic treatment.
360截图20120705142238137.jpg

360截图20120705142253121.jpg
360截图20120705142245590.jpg
Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-5 14:27:01 |Display all floors
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/SuBL1OvHdl8

The incident when  it happened
Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2012-7-6 16:37:57 |Display all floors
Hope she could get better very soon, good life of peace!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.