Views: 4331|Replies: 25

The greatest threat [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-7-4 12:59:18 |Display all floors
The Party will probably respond to this by stepping up mass repression, but that will translate into even more domestic instability. At the same time, a weakened China might lash out abroad with its modernized military, to stoke nationalist passion and divert domestic resentment. That will only find China more isolated globally. Whatever the manifestation, there could be carnage at home or abroad, posing an existential threat to the Party.

All foreign policies are a manifestation of domestic policies.
More problems at home means more lashing out at foreigners.

The danger is real
The pressure is building.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-4 13:00:51 |Display all floors
How to stop China jumping off the cliff?
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-4 13:02:58 |Display all floors
Easy......tell them to stop writing negative articles about Philippines, Vietnam., Japan, America, ...........................

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-4 13:56:37 |Display all floors
Obsessive compulsive

A newspaper report from China's Hunan province said that 26-year-old Jiang Xiaoshan died after staying up for 11 consecutive nights to watch every single game.

The time difference between China and Poland/Ukraine, where the tournament is being held, meant that matches were airing at midnight and 2:45 a.m. local time. When they would end in the morning, Jiang would go to work all day.

The Telegraph reports:

[Jiang] was found dead by his mother after his 11-day football-watching marathon, finally expiring after Ireland's 2-0 defeat to Italy on June 18.

"We would rest occasionally but he watched everyday and would not miss a single match," one friend told the Sanxiang Metropolis.

Liu Zhiling, a doctor from the local People's Hospital ER, told the newspaper: "Jiang was in good health. But staying up through the night and not sleeping enough weakened his immune system and he drank and smoked while watching the football, triggering his condition."

Dr. Zhiling continued and dropped some serious knowledge that clearly requires a medical license:

"If you use beer to replace water that is not good. Alcohol harms [the body]."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-4 14:03:54 |Display all floors
Obsessive compulsive is because this is approved anti regime behavior.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-4 14:09:50 |Display all floors
This is the greatest threat !
yasukuni.jpg
Please don't shoot, I'm just a babe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-4 15:30:16 |Display all floors
correction Post time: 2012-7-4 14:09
This is the greatest threat !

So you think China will jump off the cliff?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.