Author: vincent01

Vietnamese stage anti-China protest over its oil bids in South China Sea   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-7-10 19:26:17 |Display all floors
LaughsatYou Post time: 2012-7-9 08:45
And rural china, that is to say millions more people, do? Please...

u mean per capita??? well.....

China would be on top!!

and US on the bottom list.....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-11 18:23:39 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-12 08:23:48 |Display all floors
This post was edited by CVHuan at 2012-7-11 18:25
LaughsatYou Post time: 2012-7-11 04:23
Stealing is against the norms of most people, guess they just have lost those ethics in failed comm ...

My my, sooo off-base you are. By the Unfair Treaties, some Chinese territories were stolen by her stronger neighbors back then. Is it sooo wrong to eventually get them back?! This has nothing to do with ethics in society.
Put out your right arm, hold back your left arm... <(=^.^=);

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-12 09:11:09 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SMITHI at 2012-7-12 09:12
CVHuan Post time: 2012-7-12 08:23
My my, sooo off-base you are. By the Unfair Treaties, some Chinese territories were stolen by her s ...

My my, sooo off-base you are. By the Unfair Treaties, some Chinese territories were stolen by her stronger neighbors back then. Is it sooo wrong to eventually get them back?! This has nothing to do with ethics in society.

you have to be careful with this kind of statement cause Russia is your neighbour too and few times you people talked about Siberia as one of those lands that you have to get back.

such things started in Europe ww2 , Hitler said i just want back Sudetan "German land" aka half of Czechoslovakia ...........but he didn't stop there he wanted "back" 'german' Danzig aka Gdansk and half of Poland ............than he wanted back "German city" of London and Moscow..................i hope you don't take this personally but there is underlying danger in Revanchism ...........two world wars are born out of Revanchism

from wikipedia

Revanchism (from French: revanche, "revenge") is a term used since the 1870s to describe a political manifestation of the will to reverse territorial losses incurred by a country, often following a war or social movement. Revanchism draws its strength from patriotic and retributionist thought and is often motivated by economic or geo-political factors. Extreme revanchist ideologues often represent a hawkish stance, suggesting that desired objectives can be achieved through the positive outcome of another war.

Revanchism is linked with irredentism, the conception that a part of the cultural and ethnic nation remains "unredeemed" outside the borders of its appropriate nation-state. Revanchist politics often rely on the identification of a nation with a nation-state, often mobilizing deep-rooted sentiments of ethnic nationalism, claiming territories outside of the state where members of the ethnic group live, while using heavy-handed nationalism to mobilize support for these aims. Revanchist justifications are often presented as based on ancient or even autochthonous occupation of a territory since "time immemorial", an assertion that is usually inextricably involved in revanchism and irredentism, justifying them in the eyes of their proponents.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-12 11:54:57 |Display all floors
SMITHI Post time: 2012-7-11 19:11
you have to be careful with this kind of statement cause Russia is your neighbour too and few ti ...

Something has to change in the long run. Accepting the Status Quo forever is a sign of weakness for a superpower who lost significant amounts of territory in a Century of Humiliation.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-12 13:14:27 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SMITHI at 2012-7-12 13:16
CVHuan Post time: 2012-7-12 11:54
Something has to change in the long run. Accepting the Status Quo forever is a sign of weakness fo ...

well i would advise you do not go on Russia you might loose yet again , Russia have by far largest stockpile of nuclear and bioweapons in a world.

try smaller coutnry for start , Taiwan for example

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-12 13:19:42 |Display all floors
SMITHI Post time: 2012-7-11 23:14
well i would advise you do not go on Russia you might loose yet again , Russia have by far largest ...

Sure, India and Taiwan is a start.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.