Author: desperado123

Romney VS Obama, who will win?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-7-3 19:10:35 |Display all floors
LaughsatYou Post time: 2012-7-3 16:27
And it's working, I voted for Obama in 2008. My first election, I was proud. I don't like the ass  ...

We need tax increases to pay for it.

There have been so many tax cuts that now half the country is not paying any federal income tax.

That's part of the problem right there.

Too many tax cuts.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-7-3 20:03:03 |Display all floors
LaughsatYou Post time: 2012-7-3 16:25
Wow, you obviously just don't know jack about anything outside your own bubble in china huh? You n ...

You have been reported .........

I am not the topic and please use better manners and not post abuse  ..........   
What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-3 22:07:43 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-7-3 19:08
You just hate the poor.  Be honest.

i grew up on a farm in china in the 70's, i was poor, i worked hard while other partied. i don't hate poor, i hate unmotivated people who is in the best country to move up in the world and just waste themselves. while they still to this day blame what this country did to their ancestors 100 years ago. yes, it was wrong i am not defending that, but time have changed a lot since those days.
take another example, when an asian family migrate to this country, with little money in their pocket. yet they stay together as a family, both parents work incredibly hard and their children goes to prestigious colleges. sounds like a dream. it happens all the time.
I love hard work and ethic's. i fear you don't understand.
btw, bruce lee was my hero growing up, he worked harder than anyone i know.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-3 22:17:12 |Display all floors
blu535 Post time: 2012-7-3 22:07
i grew up on a farm in china in the 70's, i was poor, i worked hard while other partied. i don't h ...

I understand all that, and I too, have a strong work ethic.

What you have to understand is the environment that some people grow up in is extremely dysfunctional.  And government programs designed to help has just made situations worse.

The mentality in some of these neighborhoods is that there is no use to even try - that success just CANT happen to them.  It's this defeatist mentality that needs to be overcome.  But if you are told since a small child the only thing you can hope for in life is maybe a factory job or a janitor, than why try?

I can't tell you how many times I have been told I 'can't' do something.  Or I am a 'dreamer' or not practical or 'realistic'.

So instead of ambition there is anger and resentment for being 'held down by the man'.  

Even first generation children can be less likely to succeed than their parents if they let these attitudes infect them.  Look at our poster timbatu who believes there is so much discrimination towards chinese-americans, that there is no way to succeed.  It's crazy talk.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-3 22:17:26 |Display all floors
blu535 Post time: 2012-7-3 22:07
i grew up on a farm in china in the 70's, i was poor, i worked hard while other partied. i don't h ...

i think you went to the wrong country then.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-3 22:26:32 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-7-3 17:14
every other country in the world will love to have an Obama.

they can only dream of it,

Yes! Nightmares are dreams too.(bad dreams)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-3 22:27:12 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-7-3 18:30
You disgust me.

Take your hatred somewhere else.

i am sorry to say but your being ignorant. i think you lack education and reason. and making those statements just proved my point. your a disgrace to that picture.
bruce lee wasn't just about fast kicks and punches, he was a philosopher.   

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.