Views: 3585|Replies: 33

Time to Change Soccer Rules [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-7-2 07:14:50 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-7-2 14:08:34 |Display all floors
My father is Portuguese, my mother is Spanish, I was born in France, which team should I play for if I were an international football fan according to you ?

Let me answer this question for you. I should play for France, because it is the country I am from, the country I grew up with and the country that gave me its norms and values.

And my brother should play for Portugal, even though he was born in France, because he shares the values of this country.

Balotelli was born and grew up in Italy. He learnt how to play football in Italy. Just because he's black does not make him less Italian.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-2 15:14:49 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-2 15:43:13 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-2 16:02:30 |Display all floors
LaughsatYou Post time: 2012-7-2 15:14
A fair point to make. Let me make a fair one back, us Spanish, Portuguese, and French are not reall ...
Baoletelli is not mixed, he is clearly an example of a specimen from ghana. I cannot see how he symbolizes Italians, their country culture and people, and I believe this should be the case for national teams. That is the whole point no?

How does Pirlo symbolizes Italians more, just because he's white ? I think it's irrelevant.

I agree with you that it should not be accepted for a player to change his citizenship based on some ancestral heritage (for example Deco who was born and grew up in Brazil but ended up playing for the Portuguese national team) but when a player is born Italian, he should have the right to represent his country, no matter his religion, his political views or the color of his skin.

And there are more people immigrating to Western countries than the other way around because Western countries are richer. In the past we have seen lot of white people moving to Africa (there are white players in the South African and Namibian team) because the land was richer. They established themselves there, more than often in a very bloody way, and no one would deny them the right to represent their country ! Go tell Lilian Thuram he's not French and we'll see how you enjoy his reaction !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-2 16:10:30 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-2 16:35:38 |Display all floors
LaughsatYou Post time: 2012-7-2 16:10
If it was just one white one black it would be different, instead baolotelli is not only black, he  ...

Let's agree to disagree then

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.