Views: 5523|Replies: 25

Foxconn to buy Diaoyu and share with Japan. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-6-22 11:07:50 |Display all floors
China and Japan have argued for years about the sovereignty of a  group of islands in the East China Sea, known as Senkaku in Japanese and Diaoyu in Chinese.
The conflict is largely to do with wartime history and underground gas reserves, but things have become especially heated recently — just last month Tokyo's outspoken Governer, Shintaro Ishihara, said that the city would buy the islands to ensure Japan's sovereignty.
This week, however, a new and somewhat surprising actor has stepped into the dispute, apparently hoping to end the deadlock — Foxconn CEO Terry Tai-Ming Gou.
Taiwanese millionaire Gou reportedly told a shareholders meeting on Monday that he wanted to buy the islands (which he referred to as "the second Middle East") and share them with Japan, according to Taiwanese news site ETToday. He believed that energy reserves there could help strengthen Japan-Taiwan ties, it was reported.
The reaction to Gou's plan hasn't been positive, especially in China, where Foxconn has some 600,000 employees. State-owned Global Times reports that the plan would be "impracticable and meaningless".
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-22 11:17:52 |Display all floors
The guy is brave.

Revolutionaries like brave people.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-22 15:40:14 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-6-22 15:29
The CPC will dispossess him of his Henan, Shenzhen and Chengdu factories. 1 million Chinese workers  ...

Don't you admire brave people?

I do.

He seems to have calculated that he is safe.

The CPC would not dare................

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-22 16:09:36 |Display all floors
He is not happy because he can not make as much money as he used to do in his sweat factories. Workers and governments are pressing him to raise wages and improve working and living conditions. If he do not behave well, we will press the government to confiscate all his factories.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-22 16:12:50 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-6-22 15:40
Don't you admire brave people?

I do.

I bet snakey do not dare to say anything that he says in this forum to anyone in his village. Even an 80 year old granny would slap his face if he dare to do this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-22 16:21:37 |Display all floors
NE_Tigress Post time: 2012-6-22 16:09
He is not happy because he can not make as much money as he used to do in his sweat factories. Worke ...
If he do not behave well, we will press the government to confiscate all his factories

Smart

win win situation

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-22 16:21:44 |Display all floors
NE_Tigress Post time: 2012-6-22 16:12
I bet snakey do not dare to say anything that he says in this forum to anyone in his village. Even ...

Some people are more free to say as one wishes.

The freedom comes with the money.

Poor cats must watch your words

Dangerous for poor cats to copy what rich cats can do.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.