Author: antimatter

**Nothing to be proud of, China! US launched manned mission in 1960s**   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-6-22 00:43:45 |Display all floors
LaughsatYou Post time: 2012-6-20 11:24
Moon rocks? An entire program with equipment and staff designed and trained for the mission? Evide ...

Man!!!  Avatar, Lord of The Ring,
I could almost live it {:soso_e113:}! Yes, it is that realistic. A big
thumbs up to you, Warner Brother!

Man!!!  This will be a real shocker if America doesn't
go back there speedee de Gonzalas by 2020, as promised, to replant those evidence -
- if this theory have any credence to it , wouldn't it?  

YouTube - Moon landing conspiracy theories - YouTube

O'h, on second thought, I have a cool
and alternate solution to that problem:  Have Chandrayaan
plant something...  Know what I mean?

After all, for the amount of green backs we Americans have
invested in that country {:soso_e120:}to keep its pride and sanity intact{:soso_e120:}, the time
have come for us to demanding from the country -- a payback!

Then again, Chandrayaan-1 had already paid back the interest -
- it was said that it had picked up something to the effect of the Apollo landing
when neither the Japanese or the Chinese had been as lucky.

Coming to really thinking about it, in the 50's and 60's, mankind was but still
in the very infancies of rocketry, even where the United States and the USSR are concern.
Thus, does it make logical sense that with the primitive almost still learning to crawl stages of space
technology that humans have at the time, that mankind already possesses boosters powerful
enough to deliver a payload as heavy as the Apollo landers all that distance?

With respect to the Indians and Chinese lunar lander case scenario, for them to land an Apollo
counterpart of their own on the surface of the moon, it is known that both are havily into the developing of boosters
necessary and powerful enough for them to accomplish this feat otherwise it's a no go for them?  

PS: Don't get me wrong here Guys. I'm not rejecting either way if Aopplo
had or had not landed. What we, or what I anyway, am confused about is this onging "you said I said"
thingy and I'm merely interested in getting into the bottom of this story.

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-22 02:35:40 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2012-6-20 02:40
So what the US did it before China ? Who cares ? It is still a very nice accomplishment and all the  ...

very true , why compare it with event of half century ago(if they did land at all).

Chinese approach is unique and should be judged on it's own merits.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-22 03:44:35 |Display all floors
A separation of 50 years or so between the technological accomplishments in space flight by the Soviet Union/United States and China will not be seen as significant in the end from a historical perspective.  And if China is consistent over a long time in it's pursuit of space operations (in contrast to the short sightedness of the U.S.), history could unfold with China as dominate in space, perhaps for the rest of the 21st century.  In fact, many Westerners have predicted this--i.e. Author C. Clark in his novel, "2010: Odyssey Two," has a Chinese interplanetary spacecraft reach Jupiter first.

So I would say that a greater accomplishment than landing on the moon first with 1960s technology would be the achievement of a dominate and lasting presence in space due to consistent political will and long sighted planning.  Who would argue that China is not on such a path?

The people of China should  feel proud of their nation's technological accomplishments.

And for what it's worth to the moon hoax theory lovers...

Moon rock is not the same as Earth rock:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2161980/Scientist-unlocks-quantum-secrets-moons-bizarre-soil-hangs-suspended-surface-touched.html

Lunar landing sites photographed by the Lunar

Reconnaissance Orbiter:
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/multimedia/lroimages/apollosites.html

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-23 05:56:16 |Display all floors
SMITHI Post time: 2012-6-21 10:35
very true , why compare it with event of half century ago(if they did land at all).

Chinese appro ...

It's payback time, SMITHI, payback for Nixon's
bluff with his deck of maybe nothing more but a pair of deuces
against the USSR's (Russia's) full deck of Aces .   
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-23 06:10:20 |Display all floors
Robert1 Post time: 2012-6-21 11:44
A separation of 50 years or so between the technological accomplishments in space flight by the Sovi ...

Simply put: It's sheer silliness, "CHILDISH EVEN TO PUT IN THE CORRECT CONTEXT," for anyone to label/portray this as if "IT'S A COMPETITION BETWEEN TWO OLYMPIC SPRINTERS" when what we Chinese are doing, merely, is contributing to the advancement of science -- science that benefits all mankind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-23 06:17:54 |Display all floors
LaughsatYou Post time: 2012-6-20 05:55
And defeated.

Napoleon tried to take russia, too.

Applied Theories (or some of 'em) of Clausewitz:

One does not simply invade into Russia.

您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-23 10:46:13 |Display all floors
LCSULLA Post time: 2012-6-23 06:17
Napoleon tried to take russia, too.

Applied Theories (or some of 'em) of Clausewitz:

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.