Author: Rearwindow

Black Foreigner Fights Chinese Girl, Gives Crowd Middle Finger   [Copy link] 中文

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-6-18 22:42:00 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-6-18 22:19
He threw her to the ground.

What a way to get onlookers all riled up eh?

Maybe by putting her arm down she lost balance and fell to the ground ?

Also, when attacked by someone armed with a lock (yes, a tiny 8 years old can actually kill a very strong man with a lock if she happens to bump his temples at the right angle) who really takes time to analyse every single point of the situation ? Personally it's deal with the immediate danger first !

And, obviously, you've been beaten before, I feel sorry for you, you were most certainly undeserving but if you were to attack a man and he was to hit you back (again with proportionate force, we're not talking all out beating, just putting you in a situation where you cannot fight back) I would certainly not pity you.

But, true enough, provided I didn't see the fight and I would see a woman bleeding on the floor while a man is looking at her being all riled up, I would side by the woman until both of them calm down.

If a woman resorts to violence, that means she considers violence to be fair game. If she doesn't want to be hit, then she shouldn't hit first.

And, once again, the guy didn't even beat her, he just rendered her unable to fight !
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-6-18 22:42:36 |Display all floors
LoneAcorn Post time: 2012-6-18 21:40
If he ducked, moved back and left at the very start, would there be hundreds of bystanders ?

Yes ..............

Neutralizing a situation is the way an intelligent person would deal with this  ............

I feel the 'finger' is a giveaway of what was happening here  ..........

Contempt that some foreigners have of the locals .........

I mean ..........

Do you give 'the finger' to what I have seen described as 'an angry mob' when you are outnumbered ..........   

Does that sound intelligent  ..........          

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-6-18 22:46:56 |Display all floors
drwatson Post time: 2012-6-18 21:40
remember that this laowai was black. If you had any idea about how blacks are treated here, in a g ...

Just an observation and not a criticism of you  ..........

In debates about democracy for China, many people posit that the Chinese are rational and intelligent enough not to be a mob and act on mob instincts, such as they did in the Cultural Revolution .........

However .........

In conversations on topics of this nature ........

Some posters take the position that the Chinese are a mob with mob intellect and that all of them are racists  .........

I wonder sometimes whether this is not a dichotomy of convenience  ........  ?

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-18 22:56:19 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2012-6-18 22:42
Maybe by putting her arm down she lost balance and fell to the ground ?

Also, when attacked by so ...

I don't know....maybe I just come from a different perspective.

I used to work in the field of MR/DD residential homes.  We were required to go through all kinds of training using methods that went before human rights committees.  

We were attacked by residents.  We were never allowed to attack back.  There were only a few things we could do to restrain someone.

The emphasis was always on recognizing a situation before things turn violent and acting appropriately to deesculate the situation.

I'm with loneacorn on this one - the first line of defense when you see someone out of control is to try to deesculate the situation instead of aggravate it.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-6-18 23:05:54 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-6-18 22:56
I don't know....maybe I just come from a different perspective.

I used to work in the field of MR ...

I agree that the first thing is to deescalate the situation but reality tells us it is not always easy to do when in the heat of the moment.

I recently got spat on while driving my scooter. The guy who spat didn't intentionally spat on me, he just spat while driving and I happened to be behing him so I got it all in my face. A younger me would probably have sought out "revenge". Today's me just accepted his apologies as, even if I beat the crap out of him, I would still have been spatted on...

Things like that take maturity and you can't expect everyone to be as mature as you are. And when two immature people butt heads, you've got the result related in the OP.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-18 23:19:02 |Display all floors
We weren't there, as was pointed out. Does it really make any difference if the man is black? I doubt it. She probably would have hit him with the lock no matter who he was. In terms of defending himself/running away, it is difficult to determine. I might give the middle finger in such a situation if I've been hit across the head with a lock and a bunch of people are glaring at me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-19 01:24:41 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-6-18 22:46
Just an observation and not a criticism of you  ..........

In debates about democracy for China,  ...

In situations where it is a foreigner person involved/intervening in a Chinese 'social situation' invariably the foreigner comes out of the situation badly. Notice I don't use the word all. But I do think the first sentence - as a general rule - holds water.

"A king ceases to be a king, and degenerates into a tyrant, as soon as he leaves off to rule according to his laws." King James 1 in 1603.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.