Author: Rearwindow

Black Foreigner Fights Chinese Girl, Gives Crowd Middle Finger   [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-6-19 01:53:04 |Display all floors
drwatson Post time: 2012-6-19 01:24
In situations where it is a foreigner person involved/intervening in a Chinese 'social situation'  ...

My next thought would be .........

Would that be the same in other countries ...........  ?

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-19 02:18:24 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-6-19 01:53
My next thought would be .........

Would that be the same in other countries ...........  ?

Tell me if you have ever come across this situation:

Walking down the street and see a Chinese couple arguing. The guy is slapping the girl or hitting or full on kicking seven colors of sh!t out of her. No Chinese stand to gawk at the event - even they realize what is going on and feel ashamed if they stand by and do nothing - while walking away and doing nothing because it is 'none of their business' and is a  'domestic situation.'

Most of us who have been here a long time - and have lived outside Beijing/Shanghai  - will have witnessed this.

On the few occasions I know of foreign friends who intervened even non-violently but only put themselves between the guy & the girl so he can't hit her any more - the Chinese guy shouted to passersby that the laowai was attacking him and shouting for support. He got it and the laowai got beaten up. AKA China vs. the World.

Does this happen in other countries? Perhaps but not in any countries which are in any sense developed. If a man is beating up a woman in most developed countries, if witnessed, other men will step in and a) stop the guy from beating the girl up just because it is plain wrong or b) stop the guy and give him a good hiding because beating a girl up is plain wrong.

Anyway the situation is - about a situation in China. Why try to divert to other countries?
"A king ceases to be a king, and degenerates into a tyrant, as soon as he leaves off to rule according to his laws." King James 1 in 1603.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-6-19 02:34:32 |Display all floors
drwatson Post time: 2012-6-19 02:18
Tell me if you have ever come across this situation:

Walking down the street and see a Chinese co ...

Not true ...........

I have personally been involved in this in England  ..........

I have seen this type of violence ........

I have personally had to decide whether to intervene or not  ........

I have seen drunken mobs kicking 10 bells out of others over nothing ........

Not pretty ...........

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-19 06:35:53 |Display all floors
Everynowhere Post time: 2012-6-18 20:16
Years of practicing, my friend, years of practicing. I've been in a relationship with a Chinese gi ...

Know what you mean! My lady was a real spitfire in that way! Sheesh, sometimes, I wondered who the hell she was when she was angry!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-19 06:40:31 |Display all floors
Alex2010 Post time: 2012-6-18 21:10
You mean tasers for laowais only? Otherwise with everybody walking arround with tasers....no thank  ...

Tasers issued only for laowais for personal protection and the general good.
If you see a man beating a woman or vice versa - ZAP EM then leave.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-19 23:47:50 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2012-6-18 04:20
I'd like to attract you attention to this part of the article :

I am very sorry to say this but the only thing Govenment care about is you pay taxes. They do not care who wrong or right. Look at all the poor people who are shoot in head in back of court house. This is sad and this is all they care about.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-20 22:38:00 |Display all floors
the 'newspaper' title should read

'Cretinous chinese girl can't drive, collides, attempts to extort a foreigner and relies on the mindless, xenophobic chinese public to do the rest'

disgusting

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.