Author: 1584austin

Why Hong Kongers Hate Being Called Chinese   [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2015-2-6 04:18:34 |Display all floors
jordan_c_fan Post time: 2014-12-1 07:02
Hong Kongeese hat to be called Chinese.   Instead they want to be called Ducks so that they can be ...

What is Kucked?

Is it what Kbay is on a Friday night at the Gay bars

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-6 08:08:34 |Display all floors
Simple, HK has been and will always be a younger teenager member of this big family.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2015-2-6 15:53:25 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-11-30 14:09
Hong Kong is the best place in "Greater" China.

It might be, but why are they so rude and why they look down at Mainlanders?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-6 19:03:36 |Display all floors
they prefer being called hongers

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-6 21:41:12 |Display all floors
you know its funny, because in vancouver, or as they call it hongcouver, the hongers are seen as rude, selfish, dodgy, unfriendly, etc. exactly the way the shils describe the mainlanders to be. if im not mistaken, alot of hongers are involved in grow-ops there. and something the inperialists refuse to ackonowledge is that the first Chinese bootleggers were hongers and taiwaneese! all the cd's, (back then it was casets, vhs too), fake nike, fake adidas. it all started in hk/tw, not the mainland. i had a pair of shorts from hk 30yrs ago, and it had the bmw logo all over it. wtf? i didnt realize bmw was making shorts. as much as the inperialists praise hongers, most hongers in canada are isolated and do not mingle much with white canadians. you hardly see hongers hanging out with white canadians, or even brown canadians. the white canadians i have talked to dont have very many nice things to say about the hongers either. in fact, i think it was a canadian who came up with the term honger. either them or the australians, another place where hongers are not popular. and i cant say that i disagree, because most of the hk canadians ive met have been anything but pleasant. and despite the praise of their western masters, hongers are not very popular amongst people who have actually met hongers. a Chinese-american told me straight up that he didnt like hk. ive heard this voice echoed in the Chinese diaspora. the first Chinese i came in contact with were actually hongers and taiwanese, and i didnt really like Chinese back then, but when i met more mainlanders, i had a different view of the Chinese race. not to say that all mainlanders are great, but i saw the good and the bad, whereas intitially, i only saw the bad. heck, even hongers dont like hongers. i know some hongers who told me straight up that he hated hongers. he said theyre unfriendly, and have bad attitudes. another honger told me that hongers are generally uncultured. maybe this has something to do with its colonial past. alot of hongers also look outside the city for wives. hongers have described themselves as "yin sat" or xianshi in mandarin. i knew one honger who told me he wanted to chat with gwailos because he was hoping he could get some "jekso" from them if he traveled to europe. so, it is straight up, if you have some "liyong" value, then they talk to you, if not then theres no point. he was only being nice to the gwailos because in his calculations, he wanted to get something back in return if he went to europe. and he was not afraid to tell this to me, nor was he ashamed of his behavior. of course there have been hongers who have been nice to me also, but i dont think things are as one sided as the shils online make it to be. hongers are portrayed positively in media, not because hongers are good people, but because hongers can be used as pawns to destabilise China, and thats the only reason. and hongers are portrayed positively in the Chinese media probably because central is afraid of what lengths the hongers will go to please their western masters. but the only way you hear about the dark side of hongers is through real people like me, because i have no agenda (like ke wenze claimed. lol), and honestly, kowtowing to hongers will not curb their subversive behavior and history has showed us that it hasnt. but i also think that history has showed as that hongers are capable of doing the right thing when properly informed, and educated. we saw this from the 1956, and 1967 riots, but this takes strong leadership, and i do not know if this is here now. as the westerners say, it's either them or us. so whats it going to be? if you dont capitulate to the west, they bring riots to your doorstep. but if you dont capitulate to China, nothing happens. this needs to change. whats good for the goose is good for the gander. can you imagine what the world would look like if when singapore didnt cooperate with China, and a riot suddenly shows up in singapore? this will be when you can say the dragon has awaken. China is trying to match the west's convential weapons with h6k's, 052d's, hq19;s df21d's, and j31;s, but rioting is also a weapon. is China up to speed with the west on riot consulting? to the likes of optor

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-7 08:05:16 |Display all floors
Hong Kongians  are Chinese.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-7 17:10:44 |Display all floors
BogusBlogger Post time: 2015-2-7 08:05
Hong Kongians  are Chinese.

Really?

Oh but that doesn't answer the question

They want to be thought of as more Western as a result of the great work Great Britain did there?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.