Views: 20468|Replies: 56

Philippines must stop running amok (China Daily)   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-5-28 17:03:54 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 29042012 at 2012-5-28 17:43

I will not post the China Daily Report here, since it is handily available.

I am just stumbling of the headline itself.

The headline shows how respectless and how arrogant this big power is dealing with a small country.

It is well known that Chinese officials are not shy in naming foreign people "clowns",

but it becomes more and more appearant, the language used

is telling more about the bullying attitude of the original source

than secribing a dignified people, called the Philippines.

You can difer, but you should maintain respect !!!

The Philippines are not running amok - they try to pursue the legal and peaceful way,

to which they have invited China !
It is indeed very practical that the party is  judge, legislator, head of the army, executor  and  publisher  all in one in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-28 17:13:07 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 29042012 at 2012-5-28 17:13

There is no question those two countries have a dispute.

But reading Philippine news media and even official statements of their government you can sense how carefully they choose their words, never insulting, always moderate and even offering China to go "together" to court to find a mutual solution.

In stark contrast you read the often (or mostly) insulting and intimidating phrases of Chinese state controlled media.

The little country in this sense is much more dignified and moderate.

With headlines like the one above China will not gain trust among ASEAN or the outside world.
It is indeed very practical that the party is  judge, legislator, head of the army, executor  and  publisher  all in one in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-28 17:21:33 |Display all floors
But since we are on it, Chu Zhaogen (China Daily).

What does your little cartoon really say ?

An offer from China ?

A hand offered to the Philippines ?

Besides offering a dialog with the Philippines,

what is actually the offer from China to the Philippines ?

If you display such a cartoon, you should be able to enlighten us about

the details of the Chinese offer.

What does China offer to the Philippines ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-28 17:37:50 |Display all floors

big eat small.
always fun

or at least big think it is very fun.

since big consider it fun game................big don't intend to answer your serious question.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-28 17:40:15 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Revolutionar at 2012-5-28 17:41

it looks like China is not even interested in its international reputation and image

Boys just want to have fun.

and queen bees just want to stay in power ....by giving the bees some fun...............
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-28 17:43:38 |Display all floors
“The headline shows how respectless and how arrogant this big power is dealing with a small country”

What do you think of US and its allies invading small countries like Afghanistan and Iraq? We don't call it arrogance or irrespect, we call it brutality and atrocity!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-28 17:45:49 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 29042012 at 2012-5-28 17:46

Now, this thread deals about China and the Philippines.

Can we stay with that, without straying away and diluting the topic ?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.