Author: UYA

Trade war. Who will win, China or US?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-5-27 19:14:45 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2012-5-27 18:43
Americans do not want Chinese goods, they want cheap goods. Whether it's made in China or in Tad ...

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-5-27 19:16:43 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2012-5-27 18:43
Americans do not want Chinese goods, they want cheap goods. Whether it's made in China or in Tad ...

OK.....who delivers cheap?
China
What country does American businesses what?
China

Who's side are you on Panda man?

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-5-27 19:19:42 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2012-5-27 18:44
Malaysia actually...

OK panda man

What super power?

American people owe the most debt.
China buys the most bonds.

Eat the bamboo....not the Cannabis

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-27 19:21:27 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2012-5-27 18:44
Malaysia actually...

Malaysia has lousy politics but good geography.

Lousy education but educated people.

........and let's be honest.

Malaysia don't give a sh it about US crisis .

But crisis in Euro land and China will be damaging.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-5-27 19:57:40 |Display all floors
UYA Post time: 2012-5-27 19:16
OK.....who delivers cheap?
China
What country does American businesses what?

There are two reasons that the US companies produce in China.

1. Cheap labor.

2. Huge potential market.

Now let's do a bit of political fiction and imagine China would ban US companies and American products of the country. What would happen ?

1. The US would lose a huge potential market. But, as we said, it is a POTENTIAL market, not a mature one. Plus we all know full well that American products would still find their ways into Chinese shops. Who then would get this potential market ? Well, China, of course, and maybe the EU if they finally manage to all shoot in the same direction.

2. The US would lose the cheap labor in China but they would reorganize it in Vietnam, Indonesia, etc... Actually they are already investing in these countries so that would just speed up the process. There are countries out there whose labour is even cheaper than China, so the US would not lose much in terms of purchasing power, they would just need to invest more.
For China this would be troublesome for a while because of the unemployment but all these people would quickly find new jobs in Chinese companies or in European or Asian companies.

Meaning China can live without the US and the US can live without China. But by working together they can multiply their wealth.

Who's side are you on Panda man?

I didn't realize I had to pick a side, I was just trying to analyse the situation objectively.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-27 20:33:12 |Display all floors
UYA Post time: 2012-5-27 11:08
Try to find things NOT made or parts made in China.
I remember reading a patriotic American tried  ...

It can be easily remedied by manufacturing it in East Europe, not a big thing
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-27 20:40:46 |Display all floors
GermanClown Post time: 2012-5-27 11:10
Chinese economy is not just made out of manufacturing, what matters is which economy is the most s ...

And the small but crucial aspect that know how and technologynis in the US, if matter of survival, these low end jobs can be returned to the States.

Chinese consumers are not going to be meaningful for a very long time since lack of social safety net ensures money is hoarded.

I can see China losing out more than any other Country. The population is an albatross. Her gift and curse as it were
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.