Author: cd_moderator

CCTV host may sue over xenophobia claim   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-5-22 22:57:15 |Display all floors
freetofly Post time: 2012-5-22 22:54
Yang Rui’s Weibo was written for a reason

On May 8 night, a foreigner attempted to rape a Chines ...

On May 8 night, a foreigner attempted to rape a Chinese girl in public http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/thread-748012-1-1.html

On May 15, Beijing government decided to have all the unauthorized foreigners out of this city
http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/thread-748908-1-2.html

On May 18 Yang Rui wrote the message in his microblog

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-22 23:08:52 |Display all floors
This post was edited by freetofly at 2012-5-22 23:10
seneca Post time: 2012-5-22 22:06
Deerie,

you even lie when you agree with me. Go away, you monster B.Crap Learner!

Ridicules

A foreign trash asked me to leave. Who are you?
I just read Yang rui’s message again. It tells exactly who you are. Kindly offer you a reference below

"The Public Security Bureau wants to clean out the foreign trash: To arrest foreign thugs and protect innocent girls, they need to concentrate on the disaster zones in [student district] Wudaokou and [drinking district] Sanlitun. Cut off the foreign snake heads. People who can’t find jobs in the U.S. and Europe come to China to grab our money, engage in human trafficking and spread deceitful lies to encourage emigration. Foreign spies seek out Chinese girls to mask their espionage and pretend to be tourists while compiling maps and GPS data for Japan, Korea and the West. We kicked out that foreign @@@ and closed Al-Jazeera’s Beijing bureau. We should shut up those who demonize China and send them packing"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-22 23:22:03 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2012-5-22 21:47
Once again, the fact that he targets specifically foreigners in his stance is a message in itself. ...

Did we join up with 7 other nations and loot yours before? No? Sorry but Chinese people have not forgotten. Btw did you come from one of those 8?

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-5-22 23:33:54 |Display all floors
freetofly Post time: 2012-5-22 22:54
Yang Rui’s Weibo was written for a reason

On May 8 night, a foreigner attempted to rape a Chines ...

All these are connected, yes, but that's the point, you do not govern a country based on news items. If a foreigner rapes a woman in my country, it is terrible, but that doesn't mean we need to tighten all regulations and point the finger at foreigners as a whole (because, of course, since it is not written on our foreheads if we are "good" or "bad" foreigners, people will be suspicious around us). It is enough that people call us "laowai" a gazillion times a day (yes it might not be derogatory in your eyes but just imagine living abroad and people pointing fingers at you and screaming "foreigner, foreigner, hello hello" in the street, it gets old quite quick), if they start to be suspicious in addition to all that...

One news item = one law just doesn't work !

The other point is, upon reading this, I wonder what is the police doing right now ? How come they KNOW there are unauthorized foreigners in the country but do NOTHING about it until an authorized foreigner (since he had a valid tourist visa) is investigated for attempted rape ? It just makes no sense !

This is why I say it is a demonization, if the police did their job properly in the first place there wouldn't be illegal foreigners in China (or at least only a few) ! There probably still would be some foreign criminals but this is unfortunately unavoidable.

Why do we have to register with the police station with our address and contact info if they don't use these registrations to make sure we are not overstaying our welcome ?
Actually, I renewed my visa recently, in Shanghai which is where I live. Maybe it is because I have a resident permit but a policeman from the PSB called me 8 days prior to the end of my visa and told me, very politely, "we would like to inform you your resident permit is about to expire. Should you want to extend your stay in China, please ask for a new resident permit at the PSB". Hell, that was good job and it made me feel welcome !

China has every right to protects itself and its citizen and to screen who is or isn't welcome on its soil. But the way they're going at it just give a bad image of foreigners as a whole.

When the foreigner gave food to a beggar and sat with her for a while, did Yang Rui say "we should welcome more foreigners in China" ? When a foreigner prevented a robbery and got beaten by 30 chinese thugs, did Yang Rui say "we should welcome more foreigners in China" ? Why is it that people only react on the bad and not on the good ? Foreigners do more good deeds in China than they do bad deeds, that's what Yang Rui should say ! He should say "let's praise all the people who do good deeds (Chinese or foreigners) and let's punish all the bad people (Chinese or foreigners)". And that is why is comment is incredibly racist.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-5-22 23:35:59 |Display all floors
And I'd like to add, who decides what is "demonizing China" ? As a foreigner, do I have the right to be unhappy with certain aspects of China or is it demonizing China ? If I speak out against corruption the same way that millions of Chinese people do, is it demonizing China ? What exactly is demonizing China ?
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-5-23 03:27:02 |Display all floors
xoce Post time: 2012-5-21 22:53
Shouldn't you be sued too calling other person a trash in the internet discussion?

Not if that person is truly trash, and in this case that is the case.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-5-23 03:36:53 |Display all floors
xoce Post time: 2012-5-21 23:58
I presume any negative content on China shall be implied being untrue.

Typical stooge argument.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.