Author: cd_moderator

CCTV host may sue over xenophobia claim   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-5-21 22:01:55 |Display all floors
Anyone, regardless of nationality, who engages in human trafficking should be dealt with severely.
I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one. George Bernard Shaw. Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one. Winston

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-21 23:35:07 |Display all floors
This is hilarious. What is he going to sue for? He either posted this or he didn't. If he did, he's gotta man up and take the consequences. Real reporters don't say crap like this. Expect an influx of Chinese Foreign Experts appearing on Dialogue.
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-21 23:55:37 |Display all floors
Now it is getting ridiculous with Chinese characteristics.

It is indeed very practical that the party is  judge, legislator, head of the army, executor  and  publisher  all in one in China.

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-5-22 00:12:00 |Display all floors
freetofly Post time: 2012-5-21 20:44
Yes. You did lie

No matter how you think it’s highly possible, it’s different from the truth
Also, Yang Rui just hates some foreigners, some bad ones, not all of them
And it’s understandable that some misbehaved foreigners just got so much media’s attention recently

The problem is not that he doesn't hate all the foreigners, I don't know if he does and, honestly I don't really care. The problem is that he presents all the foreigners in China as foreign trash.

When you write in your post "some misbehaved foreigners" I do not feel attacked as by using the word "some" you legitimately point out that not all foreigners are like that.

When Yang Rui says "arrest foreign thugs and protect innocent girls, they need to focus on the disaster areas of Wudaokou (a student area) and Sanlitun (a bar area). Cut off the traffickers, including those who can't find jobs in the US and Europe that come to China to take money, engage themselves in human trafficking and illegal immigration. Identify foreign spies, who live with Chinese women while collecting intelligence and GPS information for Japan, South Korea, the United States and European countries while holding a tourist visa", he implies lots of things. The first one is that the Chinese police obviously doesn't do its job properly since, apparently, everybody knows who the criminals are (it's simple they're foreigners, that's the second implication). Third thing he implies is that foreign nationals married to Chinese women are probably spies.

Well, I'm not a spy, I do not engage nor support any kind of trafficking, I could have found a job pretty much anywhere in the world but CHOSE to come to China, I'm not a thug, and I'm just not trash. And I don't like that this man puts these kind of ideas in the mind of people who can be influenced and then attack me for something I didn't do !

That is the different between your comment "some misbehaved foreigners" and Yang Rui's comment.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-22 01:04:02 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-5-21 20:24
According to Yang Rui, "I love foreign men, and I like foreign women, but I am forced to say nasty ...

Bananas like Lee Kuan Yew, ex-Sinkapoor PM

whom Premier Zhou En Lai like to tease LKY calling him Yellow Banana but Gweilo white inside
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-5-22 03:27:37 |Display all floors
Notfear Post time: 2012-5-20 21:59
hello AMERICAN PRETENDER

do you know what a professional journalist means?

Someone paid to write what his boss wants him to write.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-5-22 03:29:26 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-5-20 23:20
He is an uneducated Bushman (pun intended) rooting for Marxist revolutions in the free world. He h ...

And you are how old?
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.