Author: NE_Tigress

Chairman Mao's famoue quotation   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-5-24 17:06:38 |Display all floors
This post was edited by exportedkiwi at 2012-5-24 16:21
robert237 Post time: 2012-5-24 10:21
I've lived in the USA all 57 years of my life and I don't know literally thousands of people.
You  ...

Well Robert, when you've taught so many people, all over China for 8 years, made friends with people on the streets and so on, thousands is actually conservative.
Foreign teachers usually teach more classes than their Chinese counterparts, which, if your logic was anywhere near functional, would enable one to surmise that we do, indeed meet thousands of Chinese folks during our time(s) there.
Take also into account, Chinese class sizes, very rarely below 40 (I once taught a class in Jilin with over 100 students in it at a high school. In Huadu, GZ, 15 classes/week with over 80 kids in them), multiply by the number of classes/week and then by the number of years and you have thousands, badda bing, badda boom! Lies, easy to accuse, so hard for you to dispute the facts as posted above.
Thousands? Sorry, yes. I await an apology but I won't hold my breath.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-24 17:16:55 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-24 17:19:54 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2012-5-24 10:25
China is the laughing stock of the world? Talk about being out of touch with reality...

mao = past tense so I think the past tense can apply....China was  a laughing stock...and that was kinda true!
I don't see China as being a laughing stock these days,rather, it appears to just be viewed with a little bit of contempt after all these warnings and demands add up to nought!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-24 18:18:46 |Display all floors
" Bring on the nubiles "   

Well it was The Stranglers who said it in a song really but it fits and i made myself laugh.
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-24 20:51:56 |Display all floors
This post was edited by RavindraSk at 2012-5-24 18:20
NE_Tigress Post time: 2012-5-22 17:29
Calm down, calm down. Mao is dead for 36 years, no need to be afraid of him so much anymore.

That's correct.

Now, after 36 years, I think it would be more interesting to discuss current and upcoming topics as, 'How Hu's and Wen's model of development with harmonious social relations could be applied to larger area around China.'.
你好 / 您好,
请问 。。。。。... Could these discussions lead to any direct action?  at least conferencing ... 会议     。。。。。 谢谢再见。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-24 23:35:30 |Display all floors
NET - U shld post some artilces on the 70'th Celebration on Mao's words

that is going on in the big scale this few days

Anyone who degrades his words ought to be shot esp. gwei.los
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-5-25 09:12:27 |Display all floors
exportedkiwi Post time: 2012-5-24 01:06
Well Robert, when you've taught so many people, all over China for 8 years, made friends with peopl ...

You met thousands over the years but that is a far cry from knowing thousands.
Again you show how narcissistic you are.
I have met thousands of people in my life too but I don't claim to know them or their beliefs.
You can't seriously expect anyone to believe that you 'know' the thousands of people you meet.
I've worked in companies with over a thousand employees and have met most of them if only passing
in the hallways over the years but I would never claim that I know them.
I never apologize to anyone who doesn't deserve it and you certainly don't.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.