Views: 18420|Replies: 75

What would you say to this Laowai?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-5-16 19:58:45 |Display all floors
A video now going viral on iFeng.com shows a white blonde male putting his feet over the seat before him and a Chinese female passenger's head on a train from Shenyang to Beijing. It is not clear what happened before the start of this video, but the woman was clearly irritated by the man's behavior. She stood up, turned around, and hit the man's feet with a magazine, saying "you are a big shame to your country." ("你真给你国家丢人")

However, the foreign man showed no intention to move his feet away and instead called the woman's beating a "a massage."

The woman finally threw her magazine at the man as the man hurled other insults at her, saying she was "Shabi" (傻屄: "silly c*nt").

The train's policeman later arrived and questioned the foreign man. The laowai said there were problems in communicating with the woman and denied that he had uttered any dirty words.
http://v.ku6.com/show/BZQJ0LfyHrlMeG3OuPC8Qg...html
He also told the policeman that he is a cellist working in Beijing, whereupon the policeman expressed mock surprise that he wasn't a ballet dancer instead since he had a penchant for putting his feet where they shouldn't be.
The policeman then left, advising the Chinese passenger to let the whole thing go since "he's an artist".

Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-16 22:24:09 |Display all floors
What’s wrong with these mentally distorted laowai?

The policeman got a sense of humor

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2012-5-16 23:11:20 |Display all floors
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-5-17 00:52:26 |Display all floors
As I said elsewhere such behaviour is totally unacceptable in the West as well. As a foreigner it disgusts me to see anyone regardless of skin colour behave in such a manner.  If I'd been there he would have been told in pretty uncertain terms to put his damned feet on the floor or I would have "assisted" him to do it and probably sprained his ankle in the process before giving him some choice words about stupidity that he would absolutely understand.  For the record his English has a very North American sound to it.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-17 09:03:33 |Display all floors
It makes me speechless
BUILD UP FROM NOTHING

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-17 10:08:50 |Display all floors
It's behavior like this man's that makes all of us as foreigners look bad and poorly regarded by Chinese people or the locals in general whenever we travel abroad. He needs to learn respect, common courtesy, and humility and the overall basic principle of treating people the way you want to be treated. As they say, what goes around comes around and such is the law of karma.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-17 11:19:26 |Display all floors
CharlesMcKinney Post time: 2012-5-17 10:08
It's behavior like this man's that makes all of us as foreigners look bad and poorly regarded by Chi ...

You are the few wise exceptions among those laowais...
Heavens bless you & me!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.