Author: E.T.

Chinese Medicine Vs. Western Medicine   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-7-1 18:55:27 |Display all floors
lebeast Post time: 2012-7-1 18:49
I tend to think pleasure is based more in the ventral tegmentum-nucleus accumbens

Both amygdalae ...

I'll go look.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-1 19:03:23 |Display all floors
Lef.org is down, but just doing a google search gave one of many, like http://www.invitehealth.com/fish ... rain/radio/2007/03/    I don't have the details, like research method and protocols.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-1 19:09:03 |Display all floors
invitehealth.com/fish-as-brain-food-epa-dha-improve-volume-of-gray-matter-in-key-regions-of-brain/radio/2007/03/

This was. Just from a google search.  Lef.org is down, which had detailed references to evidence.  Will have to check back later

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-1 19:13:14 |Display all floors
pretty.tree Post time: 2012-7-1 21:09
invitehealth.com/fish-as-brain-food-epa-dha-improve-volume-of-gray-matter-in-key-regions-of-brain/ra ...

thanks

though that is not a scientific reference

it is a comment about a study presented to a conference
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-1 19:19:07 |Display all floors
lebeast Post time: 2012-7-1 19:13
thanks

though that is not a scientific reference

You are looking for a reference to a peer reviewed journal. Don't have none at hand.  I would have to take time searching.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-1 19:22:20 |Display all floors
and by the looks of things, this report (by Conklin) is not a placebo blind trial

it is as I suspected

55 patients were given an MRI and questioned about their diet, specifically to determine omega 3 intake

this is not the same thing as giving a MRI and THEN giving high dose omega 3 on a randomised, double blind, placebo controlled basis

the brief report, if accurate, is interesting though

"greater gray matter volume in the bilateral anterior cingulate cortex, the right amygdala and the right hippocampus"

I will see if there is a journal citation (unless you can find it)
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-1 19:26:42 |Display all floors
Long-chain omega-3 fatty acid intake is associated positively with corticolimbic gray matter volume in healthy adults

Sarah M Conklin

Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh, School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, United States

Neurosci Lett 421:209-12. 2007
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.