Views: 6736|Replies: 26

From Mercozy to Frangela [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal

Post time 2012-5-7 09:53:49 |Display all floors
Congratulations to Francois Hollande, the new President of France.

Will we see changes or does everything go on as usual? This is the main question asked, not only by the people of France but all  over Europe and even in countries far away from France.

France does need change, the unemployment rate stands at 10%, young people had no future under the austerity measures implemented by Sarkozy. France, a proud nation with an independent policy since the days of the great first president of the V. Republic,  Charles de Gaulle, needs to put people first again, not the wealthy and powerful who corrupted the country under Sarkozy. France also needs to find its way back to a more independent foreign policy, not a policy dictated or widely influenced by Washington and/or London. France should remember again that its best years were when it was a peaceful nation, a country that did not the dirty job for allies who look for regime change in resource-rich countries. Money spent on wars is money wasted. How will France's relations with Germany develop?  I believe that Franco-German relations are strong and will not suffer just because of a leadership change in one or both countries. It will take some time for Hollande and Merkel to get used to each other but in the end we'll see a transition from Mercozy to Frangela and this is good for Europe, the EU and perhaps - still difficult to say - for the Euro.

I'm sure that Sino-French relations will not suffer because of the change in Paris.

Wishing France, her new President and her people all the best for the years ahead.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-7 14:14:42 |Display all floors
Congratulations, satsu_jin, this thread has been elected as an "original " piece if you write another 4 pieces within May, you would be the Best Writer in May and we would reward you a medal.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2012-5-7 15:09:44 |Display all floors
voice_cd Post time: 2012-5-7 15:14
Congratulations, satsu_jin, this thread has been elected as an "original " piece if you write anothe ...

??? - What does this mean?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-7 15:12:39 |Display all floors
satsu_jin Post time: 2012-5-7 15:09
??? - What does this mean?

http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/thread-746681-1-1.html
We want to honor those who contribute original posts in this forum, hope you like this idea.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2012-5-7 15:20:06 |Display all floors
SMITHI Post time: 2012-5-7 13:18
DER SPIEGEL

I think we better wait what happens over the next 100 days. There are urgent issues waiting to be solved. Nobody should expect miracles but personally I do hope that under the new presidency France will return to less austerity and, if needed, to more state intervention. With the present stringent austerity measures many Europeans, not only French people, will suffer endlessly without hope for a better future. This is certainly also something Mrs. Merkel has to understand. If Germany alone does prosper, a united Europe has no chance to survive and this means useless conflicts for future generations.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2012-5-7 15:25:39 |Display all floors
voice_cd Post time: 2012-5-7 16:12
http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/thread-746681-1-1.html
We want to honor those who contribute original ...

Tkx for info. Not sure if I can contribute more. I'm not a good writer and sometimes time is also limited.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-7 15:29:30 |Display all floors
satsu_jin Post time: 2012-5-7 15:25
Tkx for info. Not sure if I can contribute more. I'm not a good writer and sometimes time is also  ...

You are welcome, it's not an obligation,   Have fun.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.