Views: 6447|Replies: 23

What has Internet done to you?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-5-4 11:16:34 |Display all floors
Do you think Internet has made you wise or stupid?

How has the Internet changed your thinking?

Let me guess:  The Internet stole your body, now a lifeless form hunched in front of a glowing screen. Your senses dulled as your greedy mind became one with the global brain we call the Internet.{:soso_e120:}

How has the internet changed the way you think?Comment here — write your own response.   

Generation-Changed__.jpg
Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-5 08:47:09 |Display all floors
it is hard to write about all the years online.
I was there when it all started back in the day....

wow I recall when we used unix machines to post messages on text-based bbs

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-5-5 09:04:55 |Display all floors
It depends on the person per se. For me, the internet has made life a lot easier like doing research, and everything with the prefix 'e', etc. One needs to have self-discipline, use it wisely and take the necessary precautions. {:soso_e100:}

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-5 13:19:34 |Display all floors
Internet is just a thing or a tool, whether its effect on our life positive or negative is due to the person who use it.
I think our whole society has become more effecient for that we can ger more information all around the world and contact with each other more conveniently.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-5 13:59:31 |Display all floors
Internet is ont supposed to be good or bad ,as the one above said ,it'd give us positive or negative effect due to the person who use it .but in fact ,I have to say that most of guys the young men as well as the kids are using it for playing cyber games ,and more and more lawbreakers are using it to commit a crime ,we cannot deny the convenience and advantage it brings to us ,but we must pay high attention to the disadvantage and problem it occurs .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-5 16:01:53 |Display all floors
The Internet has made our life more simple, let us have a dependence on the internet. On the one hand the no knowledge and things I would search the Internet, enrich our lives. On the other hand, the Internet makes me in a way to reduce the thought processes, stupid.

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-5-5 20:53:21 |Display all floors
In my field (magic) internet has contributed to the creation of a generation of technically very good magicians but creatively very bad.

I appreciate that magic material is widely available, it helps to try our hands to a lot of different tricks. Problem is, before, people had to buy a book and go through it. There were a few images but they had to use their imagination a lot. Today they buy the DVD and do exactly what they've seen on the DVD, nothing more, nothing less. It is technically superb but they all do the same trick.

I recently was at a magic convention where I purchased a lovely trick. The seller gave me a demonstration and, in his demo, he was putting the deck of cards face down on the table. When I performed it I was putting the deck of cards face up as I thought the effect was stronger this way. One of the people looking at me, who saw the creator's demonstration and was then looking at mine), said "oh you did it wrong". The creator of the trick had to tell him there was no right or wrong in this case, I just did it differently and he even said he found my way was punchier than his way.

So I guess we can say Internet has created a generation of mindless zombies :)
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.