Views: 3053|Replies: 9

Will Billionaires Buy Off China to Serve Their Personal Interests, Like in West? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-4-26 03:55:22 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Transhumanism at 2012-4-26 04:15

Can someone please post a list of the principles supported by Ba Xilae?  Was he against people being able to own more than 10 million dollars in China?  If so, I agree with that.  I believe that no individual in China, including top politicians, should be allowed to own more than 10 million dollars (I don't know what the Chinese currency equivalent is).  Having more money than this poses a risk that they will be able to buy special rights for them, like the right to cheat people, kill people, rape people, and so forth.  They can buy off politicians to serve their interests, and influence organizations and businesses to serve their interests.  In China right now, billionaires seem to be bribing the Communist Party to allow them to escape the death penalty, like that one billionaire Chinese female in the news, Wu Ying.  

In the West, the billionaires have completely bought off the government, so they are allowed to cheat the masses, hire people to kill enemies, and they can rape whomever they want and have the police look the other way.  Western billionaires are allowed to do whatever they want to the masses.  They can change the very laws that affect the masses in a way that harms the masses but serves the billionaires.  Are Chinese people happy with China becoming the same way?

There will of course be income inequality because not all Chinese people have the same earning potential because not all Chinese people are equally intelligent.  But, I think we should set the ceiling at 10 million American dollars.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-26 04:09:50 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Transhumanism at 2012-4-26 04:16

There will of course be income inequality because not all Chinese people have the same earning potential because not all Chinese people are equally intelligent.  But, I think we should set the ceiling at 10 million American dollars.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-26 15:49:51 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sansukong at 2012-4-26 15:00
Will Billionaires Buy Off China to Serve Their Personal Interests, Like in West?
Reposted:

Post time 2012-4-25 12:24:34 |View the author only
RE: China needs political reform

It is the nature of things that the mouse is attracted to the piece of cheese, as it is as much as sugar is bad for a person with diabetes, as money and politics don't mix well!  As true as the sun rises from the east, so does money cum politics corrupt absolutely!

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-26 16:20:45 |Display all floors
I am thinking I like you Transhumanism,

I agree as there is no fathomable reason I can think of that an individual would have a need of more than ten million dollars. With this amount of money a person could live a life of luxury, pay their debts and provide for their entire family.

More than this amount is simply obscene greed. A reflection of the degeneration of traditional cultural values. My observation has been that the immoral path aka 7 deadly sins, is the fashion of the future and Greed/Avarice is number one.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-26 18:33:28 |Display all floors
vorgal78 Post time: 2012-4-26 16:20
I am thinking I like you Transhumanism,

I agree as there is no fathomable reason I can think of th ...

Thank you.

What makes me happy is that China as a whole becomes wealthy and advanced, not my personal financial assets.  When I work, I work for my country and people, not for my exclusively own financial gains.  Though, when my nation and people rise, I too rise along with it, being part of the people and nation.  But, I think that people that have a need to have millions have a psychology that is not in support of the advancement of his people, but only his personal advancement.  He judges success based on personal wealth, not the wealth of his people and nation.  I would be more than happy to support a law having these types of individuals thrown over a very steep cliff: I don't believe China needs them.

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-4-27 00:37:29 |Display all floors
Transhumanism Post time: 2012-4-26 18:33
Thank you.

What makes me happy is that China as a whole becomes wealthy and advanced, not ...

Well, unfortunately wealthy Chinese people do not think like you, as evidenced by Bill Gates and Warren Buffet tour in China where they tried to explain to their counterparts that they should only live 100 million dollars to their offspring and give the rest to charity.

I do agree with you but only partially, the system I would offer is slightly different.

I would encourage people to work as much as they can and, eventually, become very wealthy. If people invest and take risks, I do believe they should rip the fruits of their hardwork.

HOWEVER, their children did nothing to deserve this money. I believe they should get 1 million dollars + family home (which would harbour some of their memories) maximum and the rest should go to the state.

This way,

1. It doesn't discourage people to innovate, work hard create job.
2. It encourages rich people to spend their money, therefore helping consumption which, in turn, helps the general public.
3. It would keep their children away from financial needs (with 1 million dollars, this means they would have 1200 USD a month for 70 years ! Just by putting it in the bank they can live a comfortable life) or encourage their children to take these 1 millon dollars and to invest, innovate and create jobs.
4. For the super rich it would also mean a big income by the government, which will go either toward reputable charities or to help the general public.
5. Because their future is not guaranteed to be as successful as their parents, the children will work harder in order to secure a good diploma

I understand that it brings criticism such as

1. discouraging people to innovate too much since they know they won't be able to give more than a million to their children
2. can be perceived as a tax on rich people, which I can understand if people find it unfair.

In any case, inheritance has much less meaning now than it did in the 19th century. In the 19th century people would die in their 40's or 50's, living their assets to their 20 year old children. These children NEEDED the money to set up their own business or to get married and get a family of their own.
Now, people die when they're 70 or 80, leaving their assets to their 50-60 years old children. These children are already almost retired and have already made their own life (sometimes thanks to their parents assets). If for some people getting an additional 100,000 USD could make a big difference, for the peopel who are already successful it's basically getting the option to take a bath in a pool instead of a bathtub. But since they can already afford a bathtub...

Also, I do believe it would create less inequality since the wealth of parents will not be trned automatically to children, even though I'm not naive and the child of a successful businessman will still have more chances than the child of an unemployed drug addict.

So, to summarize, I believe inheritance should be limited to family home + maximum 1 million USD. Everything else should be spent before death or given to charities or the state.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-29 04:32:19 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.