Author: robert237

China food safer than U.S. food   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-4-22 11:38:23 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-4-21 19:12
You are beating the sea water, Robber: there is no effect. You won'teven make waves!

Here in Chi ...

""Here in China I have to be truly circumspect EVERY SINGLE DAY as the mass media are under instruction not to publish
alarmist calls and warnings.""

Good grief you are truly paranoid. How in the world do you know all these hidden conspiracies twirling around in your head?
How do you know what the mass media is under orders to do?
You are making this stuff up. That's what propagandists do.
Are you insane or is someone paying you to make up all these fantastic fabrications and lies about China?

If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-22 11:38:40 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SMITHI at 2012-4-22 11:41

A novel strain of Escherichia coli O104:H4 bacteria caused a serious outbreak of foodborne illness focused in northern Germany in May through June 2011. The illness was characterized by bloody diarrhea, with a high frequency of serious complications, including hemolytic-uremic syndrome (HUS), a condition that requires urgent treatment. The outbreak was originally thought to have been caused by an enterohemorrhagic (EHEC) strain of E. coli, but it was later shown to have been caused by an enteroaggregative E. coli (EAEC) strain that had acquired the genes to produce Shiga toxins.

Epidemiological fieldwork suggested fresh vegetables were the source of infection. The agriculture minister of Lower Saxony identified an organic farm[2] in Bienenbüttel, Lower Saxony, Germany, which produces a variety of sprouted foods, as the likely source of the E. coli outbreak.[3] The farm has since been shut down.[3] Although laboratories in Lower Saxony did not detect the bacterium in produce, a laboratory in North Rhine-Westphalia later found the outbreak strain in a discarded package of sprouts from the suspect farm.[4] A control investigation confirmed the farm as the source of the outbreak.[5] On 30 June 2011 the German Bundesinstitut für Risikobewertung (BfR) (Federal Institute for Risk Assessment), an institute of the German Federal Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Consumer Protection), announced that seeds of fenugreek imported from Egypt were likely the source of the outbreak.[6]

In addition to Germany, where 3,785 cases and 45 deaths had been reported as of 27 July,[7] a handful of cases were reported in several countries including Switzerland,[7] Poland,[7] the Netherlands,[7] Sweden,[7] Denmark,[7] the UK,[7][8] Canada[9] and the USA.[9][10] Essentially all affected people had been in Germany or France shortly before becoming ill.

Initially German officials made incorrect statements on the likely origin and strain of Escherichia coli.[11][12][13][14] The German health authorities, without results of ongoing tests, incorrectly linked the O104 serotype to cucumbers imported from Spain.[15] Later, they recognised that Spanish greenhouses were not the source of the E. coli and cucumber samples did not contain the specific E. coli variant causing the outbreak.[16][17] Spain consequently expressed anger about having its produce linked with the deadly E. coli outbreak, which cost Spanish exporters 200M US$ per week.[18] Russia banned the import of all fresh vegetables from the European Union until 22 June.[19]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-22 11:41:51 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SMITHI at 2012-4-22 11:42

Russia had to close border for filthy European food , mr Putin is smart man.

Russia insist on hygiene and health checked food as a thing of utmost importance

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-22 11:45:48 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-22 11:47:19 |Display all floors
Wahahaha Post time: 2012-4-22 11:45
Check here for little separate statements by the Amelikkan EPA on fluoride levels.  Taken together ...

good example , i doubt he will recongise it ..............blind as a rat

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-4-23 02:16:39 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-4-22 04:29
My wife taught me to be.

I hope yours will be equally charity-minded when you finally set foot on ...

I am not worried. My wife is in excellent health having lived in China for 46 years before coming here.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-4-25 23:34:17 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-4-22 11:34
I guess we better not dig up corpses from China's recent food poisong history! Dig two years, and yo ...

Actually, according to the chinese people I know, food poisoning in China is relatively recent and the food quality was much better 10,20, 30 years ago.

I have been here for 7 years now and I see the quality decreasing over and over again (while the prices are raising) so I tend to believe it (one simple example : the Yurun Bacon is now 50% fat and 50% meat while a few years ago it was 10% fat and 90% meat).

I have a question for Robert hoping he will not stand on his high horse.

I am willing to believe your statistics (even though less than 9000 cases of food poisoning on a population of 1.5 billions do seem very few, even if we're talking about natural cases of food poisoning, because of course sometimes you just get digestive problem for no external reason) but I would like to know how do you explain that people living here, including chinese (actually since I do not stay in the western areas or hang out with westerners most of my friends here are chinese), are very wary about the food quality ?

To simplify the question, how do you explain that so many people distrust the official statistics ?

Which leads to another question : is China the only virtuous country on Earth ? I mean if western countries can spin numbers and spread propaganda, is it far fetched to imagine China could do so too ?
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.