Author: robert237

China food safer than U.S. food   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-4-21 18:26:28 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-22 00:38:07 |Display all floors
yan li chengfa laji shipin shengchanzhe.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-4-22 04:31:01 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-4-21 06:17
Robber:

Since you are a veteran Usanian sitting right next to Usanian sources, can you pass to me s ...

You can find all that in any nation of the world if you look hard enough.
You are simply finding examples in China and putting the spotlight on them for your propaganda efforts.
Its a good thing you have a few of your propagandist buddies here on this forum or nobody would listen to you at all. {:soso_e120:}
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-22 09:48:01 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-4-21 17:12
No, Robber: I can never find illegal food peddlars in Europe (OK, maybe in Rumania or Albania). I  ...

All talk about nothing to back it up. If you think Europe is such a perfect paradise why don't you move there?
To hear you tell it, nobody ever gets food poisoning in Europe.
Of course Europe doesn't have anything else to do since the U.S. protects it so why not inspect the food all day.

How about some facts.
Last year 14 people died from contaminated vegetables in Germany and Spain.

Last year another food poisoning outbreak in Europe killed 50 people.

30 years ago Europe had its own cooking oil scandal after 1,000 people lost their lives from the contaminated oil.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Concern spreads in Europe about food poisoning

Tuesday, 31/05/2011

Russia has banned the import of vegetables from Germany and Spain because of an outbreak of E-coli bacteria in parts of Europe.

The move comes as scientists try to identify the source of the outbreak in Germany, where 14 people have died.

Hundreds of people in Sweden, Denmark, the Netherlands and Britain are also thought to have been infected.

Suspicion has fallen on organic cucumbers from Spain imported into Germany, and then re-exported.

Spain denies its cucumbers are contaminated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By MALCOLM RITTER
updated 1/19/2012 2:36:49 PM ET

NEW YORK — A substance found in nuts and whole grains may someday help doctors fight the kind of food poisoning
that sickened thousands of people in Europe last summer, a study in mice suggests.

While a variety of germs can cause food poisoning, the European outbreak involved a dangerous strain of the
bacterium E. coli. It infects people and pumps out a poison called Shiga toxin. Some other bacteria also produce
this toxin, which overall causes more than 1 million deaths a year worldwide. The European food poisoning outbreak
included about 4,000 people and 50 deaths.

There's no definitive treatment for Shiga toxin. But in Friday's issue of the journal Science, scientists report
that they could protect mice against a lethal dose by injecting them with the mineral manganese.

The animals were injected daily, starting five days before they were exposed to the toxin. While untreated mice
died within four days, the injected mice remained healthy. The manganese made the toxin vulnerable to being
destroyed by cells.

Scientists still need to do more research before they can assess the usefulness of manganese in treating people.
Manganese is already approved for medical use and it's inexpensive, they note. So that might make it especially
useful in developing countries, where nearly all cases of Shiga toxin poisoning occur, wrote the researchers,
from Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cover-up

Twenty years ago, 1,000 people died in an epidemic that spread across Spain. Poisoned cooking oil was blamed - an
explanation that suited government and giant chemical corporations. It was, argues Bob Woffinden, who investigated
the scandal in the 80s, the prototype scientific fraud that has found echoes around the world

Bob Woffinden
    The Guardian, Friday 24 August 2001
    Article history

In the days before "do-gooders" became a term of disapproval, doctors and scientists were held in absolute public
esteem. They did the most good; they were working altruistically to benefit the human race - to cure illness,
prevent disease and create a safer, healthier future for us all. That, at least, used to be the popular perception.
Plainly, the image has become more than a little tarnished. Even before the scandal of the deaths of babies at
Bristol Royal Infirmary, enough instances of incompetence and negligence had emerged to provoke widespread public
scepticism about the professions. These days, scientists are more likely to find themselves occupying the lower
rungs on the ladder of public trust, alongside estate agents and, well, journalists.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-22 09:54:14 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-4-21 17:17
I am guilty of no such thing. These scandals have all been reported IN THE CHINESE NATIONAL MEDIA. ...

I don't believe anything you write so honesty doesn't even enter into this argument of yours.
Propagandist are only honest by accident. It's bound to happen once in a while.
Personal experiences by someone as prejudice at you are cannot be considered.
If you want personal experiences my wife wanted to make sure the canned congee she bought
today at the Asian market was from China and not from some other Asian country. She told me
she doesn't trust congee from other countries. So that must be proof positive that food from
China is safer than any other foods using your methods of argument.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-22 11:20:00 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SMITHI at 2012-4-22 11:22
seneca Post time: 2012-4-22 09:12
No, Robber: I can never find illegal food peddlars in Europe (OK, maybe in Rumania or Albania). I  ...
I can never find melamine-tainted milk.

tainted milk?
no but you can find tainted cooking oil.

I guess you never heard about tainted cooking oil in Spain ?
600 people died!!

New York Times :

The affair began in the spring of 1981, when a mysterious disease broke out, mostly in the Madrid area. The symptoms included lung and respiratory problems, wasting of the limbs, spasms and skin disorders.

Experts attributed the malady, called toxic syndrome, to the ingestion of denatured rapeseed oil treated with aniline and intended for industrial use only. The oil was bought from street vendors by many low-income families, restaurants and others.

According to official figures, which are still in dispute, 627 people have died, and 20,000 to 25,000 have been affected in various ways. The charges against the 40 oil importers, two of whom have fled the country, range from manslaughter to fraud. Maximum Sentence Is 30 Years

In the trial, to be held here at the auditorium of the Casa Campo park, prosecutors are asking for sentences totaling more than 100,000 years for each of the eight main defendants. Under Spanish law, the maximum jail sentence anyone can serve is 30 years. For the first time in Spanish legal history, the trial, expected to last from four to six months, will be recorded on videotape. The accused will be separated from the public by bullet-proof glass. Some 2,500 witnesses, including Prime Minister Felipe Gonzalez and Deputy Prime Minister Alfonso Guerra, will be summoned.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-22 11:36:44 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SMITHI at 2012-4-22 11:37
seneca Post time: 2012-4-22 11:33
A story from  the 20th century...in the year 2012...

30 years ago to be precise , it is fairly recent history ..... 20,000 to 25,000 have been affected in various ways........victims of this poisoning are still suffering consequences.

In a way it is still live , it is never ending drama.

And it is not only case , all I’m saying stop being obsessed with China food scandals Europe have too few many.

Don't you remember German cucumbers affair last year?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.