Views: 7199|Replies: 9

Poison attack on Afghan schoolgirls [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-4-18 11:19:25 |Display all floors

More than 100 schoolgirls in northeastern Afghanistan are in hospital suffering from suspected poisoning.

The health director of Takhar province said the girls fell ill shortly after drinking water at their school.
        An education official in Kabul said preliminary investigations suggested the water had been poisoned.
        A local official in Takhar suggested that people opposed to education for girls were responsible.
        Similar events have been reported before, but no conclusive evidence of poisoning has been found.
        The official said 40 girls were treated and then discharged but 100 others including female teachers have been kept in hospital, after complaining of severe nausea, headaches and dizziness.
        The water has been sent to a laboratory for analysis, and the official said he had asked for a full inquiry.
        A spokesman for the education directorate in Takhar said the victims are aged from 14 to 30.
        He said it appeared that "narrow-minded people" opposed to education for girls were behind the incident.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-18 11:20:33 |Display all floors
Poison attack on Afghan school girls

ffff.JPG

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Contributor 2012 August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-4-18 11:29:08 |Display all floors
This is called tribal clash where childs are the victim.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-18 18:44:31 |Display all floors
aziz Post time: 2012-4-18 11:29
This is called tribal clash where childs are the victim.

This has nothing to do with "tribal" clashes. It has to do with religion,fanatics and the role women play in this religion/culture.
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-18 20:22:01 |Display all floors
Did the Anglos poison the water?
Diane Abbot (British MP): Anglos love playing divide and rule
David Cameron (British PM): Anglos caused most of the world's problems!

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Contributor 2012 August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-4-18 20:27:56 |Display all floors
Alex,you need to learn more about Afghan societies.The majority with muslim population donot have any clashes with other religion,if a tiny part exist.The vital clash are within the muslim belivers society separated in hundreds of clans/tribes.Then which muslim I should blame for.

I got a latest news that Taliban are involved in the poisoned case.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-19 00:25:40 |Display all floors
this is alarming. water filtration on a poisoned well is nearly useless i wonder if the well can be saved. if it can not then the school will need to be moved. only to happen again?  
i wonder about the supposed attributes of a ''man'' that can make war on women and children especially little girls  . i think that that ''man'' has nothing to offer a women so they are of no use to ''him''. i think his little brother swells only for his little brother.
every body writes on walls but me

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.