Author: Revolutionar

New iPad sold out around the world. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-3-11 11:33:11 |Display all floors
SMITHI Post time: 2012-3-11 11:25
Singapoor is small fish in big sea.

anyhow what do they buy for kids?

the point is
New iPad continues the tradition of Apple of having sold out products at every product launch and remains very popular, with or without Steve Jobs.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-11 11:36:30 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SMITHI at 2012-3-11 11:38
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-3-11 11:33
the point is
New iPad continues the tradition of Apple of having sold out products at every produc ...

good point i don't dispute ipad as a product , it is good product.

what I’m saying in long run people will go for cheaper product with same specifications.

because glory can last only so long before it become just another novelty.

There is nothing new on new  ipad , it is same product with faster processor.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-11 11:36:34 |Display all floors
as far as hardware goes,
retina display is the limit
adding more pixels is no use.

that is why Apple stopped the numerical system and called it simply the New iPad instead of iPad 3.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-11 11:58:33 |Display all floors
China's Verizon gets the iPhone
By Philip Elmer-DeWitt         March 9, 2012: 5:18 AM ET

Email Print
Sales of the CDMA version began Friday at China Telecom's 2,850 retail outlets

Launch ceremony in Shanghai. Photo: M.I.C. Gadget
If China Unicom (CHU) is the AT&T of China, having enjoyed an 18-month monopoly as Apple's (AAPL) only official iPhone carrier in the world's largest mobile phone market, then China Telecom (CHA) just became its Verizon.
The carrier began taking orders for the iPhone 4S a week ago, and by the time doors opened Friday at China Telecom's 2,850 retail outlets, pre-sales had reportedly passed 200,000.
It may be the country's No. 3 mobile operator (total subscribers: 216 million), but China Telecom has the largest Wi-Fi network (30,000 hot spots) and 38.7 million 3G subscribers -- nearly as many as China Unicom's 43 million.
China Mobile (CHL), the country's largest carrier (600 million subscribers) has been talking to Apple for years and is expected to start selling the iPhone when an LTE version arrives, probably later this year. Meanwhile, so eager are its customers to get their hands on Apple's pocket computer that more than 15 million are using gray market iPhones on China Mobile's sluggish 2G network.

Crowd outside Beijing Apple Store, January 2012. Photo by Feng Li/Getty Images
China has caught Apple fever, as the massive crowds that gathered for January's iPhone 4S launch made clear. Morgan Stanley's Katy Huberty estimates that when the device is available from all three mobile carriers, sales in the country will quickly reach 40 million a year. See here.
To put that number in context, Apple's worldwide iPhone sales in fiscal 2011 were 72.3 million.

=================================================

no stopping Apple fever in China.

and Apple App Stores don't even accept China credits cards   -  yet.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-11 13:13:40 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Revolutionar at 2012-3-11 13:14
Pirate89 Post time: 2012-3-11 12:30
revolutionar --- it is definitely not you that make the ipad tick.

but every business school in the world wants to find out what makes Apple tick.

and its not pirates, not piracy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-11 16:14:38 |Display all floors
vanwilder, such a coward

to hide under the comments and not wishing to reply or be replied.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-11 16:44:10 |Display all floors
Pirate89 Post time: 2012-3-11 16:34
Steve Jobs had stolen ideas from others just before his death.  
What APPLE has done have nothing  ...

Apple is a good example to show why America will remain number one well into the 21 century and China will remain the land of cheap labor.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.