Views: 6045|Replies: 8

My Valentine’s Day Story [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-3-1 15:33:55 |Display all floors

My love story was a dramatic story.

When I was a freshman at Sichuan International Studies UniversitySISU, one of my distant relatives told me about a girl who was studying in high school in Tongjiang.  My relatives wanted us to meet , but she did not want to.  Unfortunately, we never had the opportunity to get together. So I had no idea what the girl was like.

I am originally from Tongjiang County, which is a rural district in Sichuan Province.  The people who live in Tongjiang County have a very close bond with one another.  Moreover, the Southwest Institute of Political Science and Law(SIPSL) was our university’s neighbour.  Once a year, the students who are from these two schools in Tongjiang would have a party.

When I was a sophomore, I was at this party when I met a girl.  She was of medium height, not slim, but not fat either. She had delicate features.  Instantly, I knew that she was just the girl I had been looking for all my life.  We talked for a while at the party, and I learned that she had only been at SIPSL for one month.  In the days that followed,  I went to her dormitory constantly.  I was in love with her, but I did not express my feelings, because I was very introverted,

One day, I went to SIPSL and I was astonished that she and a boy, who also came from Tongjiang, were walking hand in hand.  That night, I could not sleep.The next day, I wrote these words in my diary:“……I had a sleepless night last night……  

After I graduated from SISU, I worked in a middle school that was not far from the town where this girl lived.  I knew that this girl and her boy friend were no longer together, and I had not forgotten the love which was rooted deep inside my heart.  I firmly believed that only I could give her true love and happiness, so I couldn’t wait any longer.  On February14th , 1996, gathering up my courage, I went to her home and gave her a rose.

Now,she is my wife today.  One day she informed me that someone had also told her about me when she was in middle school.

Is it fate that she is now my wife?  Why did fate play such a big joke on us?

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-3-2 09:01:57 |Display all floors
I like your story.

very dramatic. A happy ending

My love story in college was not so rosy.  To make it short: It was 1.5 years before I gathered my courage to confess. She said I was too much a gentleman to be her boyfriend  

Not every girl is interested in nice guys.
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-2 09:50:58 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-2 11:09:47 |Display all floors
oh, nice story...

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-3-2 14:43:44 |Display all floors
This post was edited by robert237 at 2012-3-1 22:44

I think the way it worked out was the best possible way, not a joke of fate but a blessing of fate.
If you have not suffered through the sight of seeing her walking hand in hand with another man,
and had not lived those years with her on your mind, you would not know how much it hurts
to be without her. Now you know just how precious she is to you. You are a lucky man.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-2 16:03:52 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2012-3-2 14:43
I think the way it worked out was the best possible way, not a joke of fate but a blessing of fate.

Where's the OP? Very suspicious

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-2 16:05:14 |Display all floors
This post was edited by DSseeing at 2012-3-2 16:05

Hello buddy. Good story man. I watched the girl I had crush on walking with another man too.

It hurt a bit.

Like what Robert said: You're indeed a lucky man.

Enjoy your life

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.