Views: 4001|Replies: 15

Oppositions divided on "Friends of Syria" meeting [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-2-26 20:13:30 |Display all floors
BEIJING, Feb. 24 (Xinhuanet) -- A "Friends of Syria" meeting is expected to gather representatives from more than 70 nations and international groups in Tunis on Friday.
The gathering of Western and Arab nations plans to challenge Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to implement an immediate ceasefire and provide humanitarian access to civilians under assault. However, the three main opposition groups are still far from unified.
The exile Syrian National Committee and the National Coordination Committee for Democratic Change both accepted the invitation to go to Friends of Syria in Tunis.
Last November, the two parties fought outside the Arab League headquarters, where they were visiting at the invitation of Secretary-General Nabil El-araby.
Three months on, people still wonder whether they can put aside their differences to form a joint front. The chairman of the National Coordination Committee for Democratic Change hopes they can.
Hassan Abul-atheem, chairman of Nat'l Coordn. Cttee. for Democratic Change, said, "We,the National Coordination Committee, will try the best to unite all the opposition forces from media, politics, and diplomats. Because they are the peaceful revolutionary forces, and is what is called for by the Arab countries and international community."
So far, the National Coordination Committee has broader support among the Syrian public, while the exile National Committee is more favored by the US and Western countries. Along with their other differences, this makes a joint front not that easy.
Besides these two main parties, the Popular Front for Change and Liberation is a moderate Syrian opposition. It said it would not to attend the meeting, because it doubts the intent of the organizers.
Qadri Jamil, chairman of Popular Front for Change and Liberation, said, "The meeting is not aimed at solving the Syrian problem. It is being used by the countries headed by the US as a publicity stunt, to find ways for outside interventions. "
The group believes the Syrian crisis can not be solved through military means, such as violence, or offering weapons to the opposition. But despite these divisions, the international community is still clinging to hope that it can work with the opposition on implementing a pragmatic, practical transition plan that will end the violence in Syria.
(Source: CNTV.cn)
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/video/2012-02/24/c_131429805.htm
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
things are beginning to change...{:soso_e120:}

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-26 21:10:40 |Display all floors
did Xinhua finance the split?
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-26 21:12:53 |Display all floors
what is the role of China is the split?

I will say very important.
China very dirty, very cruel to finance and work to get  the split.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-26 21:38:16 |Display all floors
China has played all-in poker  for a fail in the Tunis Conference.

People who play all-in poker are a stressed lot.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-26 23:00:24 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-2-26 21:10
did Xinhua finance the split?

there's 5 cents in your pocket, pls check it carefully.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-27 00:02:04 |Display all floors
travolta Post time: 2012-2-26 23:00
there's 5 cents in your pocket, pls check it carefully.

Xinhua to bribe me?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-27 05:20:24 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
   NEVER AGAIN  !

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.