Views: 2617|Replies: 3

Towards a better world [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-2-22 12:52:02 |Display all floors
World trend is positive.

But the dark horse is the gang of 12.

Over the last 10 years, the transformation of South America from military dictatorships  to democracies is more or less complete. Ironically, it is the failure Bush policies that resulted in the push for democracies. Wide spread hatred for America during Bush years makes it easy for populists politicians in South America to push out the American supported military strong men across the whole continent.

Dictators in Iran and Philipines fell when Carter withdraw American support.

Indonesian strong man Suharto fell after the Asian crisis
Thailand is firmly a democratic country after the ups and downs of the last 10 years.
Burma is coming along nicely.

The world trend is optimistic. In another 10 to 20 years, when education in Africa has improved, they too will have much better democracies.

The dark horse is if the gang of 12 manages to hold back the major trend......all just  for  their own domestic consumption.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-22 12:56:24 |Display all floors
It is important China and Russia stay out.
The gang of 12 are still living in cold war mentality.

Europe is out of cold war a long time ago,
Obama is an internationalist, a good one. And he will be around another 5 years.
That should be enough time for the whole middle east to have changed substantially much better than when Obama first found it in 2008

If the free world cannot control China and Russia, middle east will not be freed. Worse case scenario will be if Russia rearms Assad thus ensuring a prolonged civil war in Syria. Pity if that becomes a reality.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-22 13:00:22 |Display all floors
According to US poll, China is number 2 enemy after Iran.

China surprised the world community by exercising their veto on Syria.

No surprise that China is now number 2 on said poll.

China a bit too cocky recently.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-22 15:04:33 |Display all floors
harrington :

The dark horse is if the gang of 12 manages to hold back the major trend......all just  for  their own domestic consumption....of the harrington types.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.