Views: 2256|Replies: 5

DING JUNHUI BEATS MARK SELBY AT WELSH OPEN FINAL [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-2-16 13:32:36 |Display all floors
This post was edited by longzhou at 2012-2-20 06:41

John Higgins saw his dream of winning a third consecutive Newport crown ended as he lost 4-3 to Ding Junhui at the 888真人Welsh Open.

Higgins, chasing his first trophy of the season, had a golden chance to win 4-2 but uncharacteristically missed the final pink when clearing up. Ding took advantage of the reprieve with an excellent break in the deciding frame to book a quarter-final meeting with Stephen Lee or Tom Ford.

Ding was supported by over 100 Chinese fans in the arena, many of whom had made the trip from Cardiff University, and he rewarded them with a fast start as breaks of 65 and 76 gave him the first two frames.

So far this term, Higgins has lacked break-building fluency, but his tactical nous helped him win the next three frames with a top run of 43. Ding made 58 in the next before missing a thin-cut black, and Higgins looked set for a trademark clearance until he rattled a tricky final pink with the rest. Ding slotted it home for 3-3.

An attempted long red from Higgins early in the decider failed to find its target, and from the chance that followed Ding wrapped it up with a run of 86.

"I felt under pressure because John's safety is very good and he made it difficult for me," said Ding, a winner of four ranking events. "I made a good break in the last frame and to beat him gives me a lot of confidence."

Higgins said: "He got off to a good start, and after that I was struggling. I scrapped my way back into it and had a chance to win so it's really disappointing. You only get out of the game what you put into it, so I really need to put the work in over the next couple of months to have a chance at the World Championship."

Source: w w w . w o r l d s n o o k e r . c o m

P.S.: Congratulations to Ding for a great win and hope to see him reach the final!

0,,13165~9876553,00.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-18 13:27:43 |Display all floors
17th Febuary 2012
Ding Junhui won a gripping quarter-final 5-4 at the 888真人 Welsh Open after Stephen Lee was put off my a mobile phone ring at a vital moment.

A tense deciding frame at the Newport Centre came down to the last few balls, and Lee had a chance to clear up after fluking the last red when swerving out of a snooker. He trailed by 13 points but the balls were at his mercy until the phone went off in the crowd just as he tried to pot an easy green. He missed his target by several inches and China's Ding was able to pot green and brown for victory.

"The phone went off just as I was on my back-swing and I couldn't stop," raged Lee. "That's the first time it has happened to me at such an important moment in all the years I've been playing. I am fuming. We both had plenty of chances in the last frame but we both played awful."

A gracious Ding, who goes forward to a semi-final with Shaun Murphy tomorrow at 1pm, said: "It was unacceptable. He was very unlucky and otherwise he could have won the match."

Earlier, Lee led 2-0 before Ding came back to 2-2 with breaks of 66 and 85. Ding won two of the next three frames before Lee compiled breaks of 42 and 41 to make it 4-4. But it was Ding who had the last laugh as he reached his first ranking semi-final of the season.

P.S.: Same source as above.
P.S.1: Congratulations to Ding and let's wish him good luck in his semi-final match against the "magician"  Shaun Murphy

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-18 13:32:38 |Display all floors
Semi-finals as follows:

1) Ding JunHui - Shaun "Magician" Murphy
2) Ronnie "The rocket" O'Sullivan - Mark Selby

Great Welsh Open and let's see if Ding can make it to the final!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-18 23:51:25 |Display all floors
Congratulations to Ding JunHui! {:soso_e179:}

Great performance by the Jiangsu ace. He just won his semi-final match against Shaun "the magician" Murphy 6 frames to 2.......That says a lot of the great form Ding is in!

Now let's see who will be his opponent in the final and if he can make it again!

GREAT!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-19 09:04:52 |Display all floors
This post was edited by longzhou at 2012-2-19 09:05

Ding Junhui reached his first ranking final for nearly two years by beating Shaun Murphy 6-2 at the 888真人 Welsh Open.

The 24-year-old from Wuxi will meet Mark Selby over 17 frames tomorrow at the Newport Centre in his first ranking final since losing to Mark Williams at the 2010 China Open. Ding will be seeking his fifth ranking title having won his last at the 2009 UK Championship.

He did win the Masters last season, but this week's run in South Wales is very much a return to form for the Sheffield-based player.

A scrappy opening frame today went the way of Ding before Sale-based Murphy levelled with a superb break of 126. Ding rolled in a run of 91 to regain the lead, and when Murphy broke down on 39 in frame four, Ding capitalised with 71 to lead 3-1 at the mid-session interval.

A break of 90 saw Murphy pull one back, and he was first among the balls again in the sixth frame but could only make 31. Ding made an 86 for 4-2 and added the next as well with a 75.

Murphy had chances in the eighth frame to launch a comeback, but after a poor safety shot on the last red his hopes died as Ding cleared up for victory.

"The past couple of years have been difficult because I have been travelling to and from China so I haven't been able to practise properly," said Ding, who has been supported all week by a large group of Chinese fans from Cardiff University{:soso_e179:}. "If I stay here for two or three months then I miss home and I want to go to China for a week.{:soso_e183:}

"In the last few weeks I have had my best practice for a long time and I feel my game is getting better. I'm really happy to be in the final and I played well today."

Source: w w w . w o r l d s n o o k e r . c o m

P.S.: Well done Ding and well done to those Chinese students who have come to Newport to support him. Good luck today in the final!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-20 06:43:53 |Display all floors
YES, YES, YES.......the Wuxi ace DING JUN HUI, has won the Welsh Open 2012 beating World Snooker number 1 Mark Selby 9-6 in an incredible final.

Ding led 5-3 thru the 1st session to secure the win in the evening session.

CONGRATULATIONS XIAO DING.......We are so proud of you!

And once again, cheers to all the Chinese fans who attended the final in Newport!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.