Views: 11949|Replies: 34

DOES GOD PLAY DICE?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-2-12 21:13:15 |Display all floors
This question was raised first by Albert Eisntein sometime in the past century as a way to explain his relativity theory. But here I don't want to discuss physics, or maybe yes, more rather I want to take a look at the phylosophical side of the question.
Is the world ruled by a superior force that guides all our moves and that decides upon us? In my opinion, no,  and I will try to expose the reasons but I would also like to hear the opinion of others, no matter what your believe is. So come here to express your thoughts and try to say why you think there is a god or why there isn't.

First off it should be said that we are a strange species. Strange because we are, arguably, the most developed of them all. As far as science goes it seems that we are the most evolved, in terms of brain ability, of all the creatures on the planet. This has given us the privilege to mould a world to our own suits and likes. Other animals, as of now, are submitted to what we humans do; in the Amazon, the de-forestation has created not only a hole in the atmosphere but more probably the destruction of other forms of life that we will never see again. The animals that live there are helpless and can't do much to stop man's "thirst" for fuel! Now, we have also been given a brain to think and decide, more or less, our destiny.....or maybe not!
What I am trying to say is that in general terms, the figure of a superior figure is always presented as benevolent and caring, that takes care of all creatures (again I am making generalizations but they can be applied to all religions and believes). Those who believe, do so, thinking that the superior being has all the power to deicde upon us humans, and the rest of living beings. So here comes my first question:

If god exists, why is he allowing all these natural disasters to happen upon his own creations?

Wars. We are killing each others. This is a terrible fact. Sometimes for really stupid reasons. Besides killing ourselves, we are destroying what was given to us; we are eating all our natural resources at a speed never seen before and we are also killing other species, sometimes knowingly and sometimes without knowing (we have to suppose!). So here comes the second question:

If god exists, why is he allowing us to destroy each other and doesn't put an end to it?

I have this thought inside of me and please nobody feel offended. If there is god somewhere he or she (some say god is a girl) is really cynical and is playing dice with us. But what happens if there is no god? Then we are the only ones to blame for our own wrongdoings. Or maybe there was a god and he just gave up on us nad left us to our own luck. In any case, the final two big questions are these ones:

IS THERE A GOD(s)? and if yes,  IS GOD PLAYING DICE?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-12 23:01:41 |Display all floors
The uncertainty principle proved Einstein wrong after he said that ' god does not play dice '

We cant presume to know the mind of god, e.g.  He should intervene and stop all the wrong doings in the world.  Christians maintain that human beings have free will and are judged accordingly at the end of life.

I dont accept any religions but i DO believe in a creator, its a fact that no mortal being can either create or destroy energy-it can only be made to change its form.

So how did it all start ?   The big-bang theory says the physicist but who started THAT if not for something/somebody supernatural ?

Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-12 23:04:33 |Display all floors
This post was edited by St_George at 2012-2-12 23:06

Maybe some people deny god just in case there really is a judgement day and their guilt is exposed..

In other words they're scared.

Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-13 00:55:59 |Display all floors
Free will. God gave us free will because he loves us. He allow us to do wrong and sin. Our free will have consequences on others. Likewise, there are consequences for the sins we have done and the wages of sin is death.

Why doesn't God destroy those sinners since we are killing each other. If God decided to choose this path, you and I will not be in the world today. Humanity will cease to exist. I do not understand the mind of God and I don't think my human mind can understand his thoughts. Human beings like to justify themselves. Those who kill are evil and those who tell 'harmless' white lies etc but don't kill, do drugs, commit crimes are "good". God don't see it this way. A lie is a sin and so is murder. A sin is a sin.
9/11 was an outside job

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-13 01:00:34 |Display all floors
Your words are my inspiration and bring me tears of joy and happiness - xie xie
jia na da ren

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-13 01:13:50 |Display all floors
Man made religions were invented to control the population and this was very effective until the industrial revolution. When people become educated they no longer believe in superstitions or religion as all can see by looking at what has happened to church attendance in the most highly educated countries.
It is more logical to believe that the earth is ruled by a godlike spiritual force, because nature is taking revenge.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2012-2-13 01:59:21 |Display all floors
God Is a Craps Players ?
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.