Views: 3124|Replies: 3

Animal strongest sense of smell [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2012-2-12 19:09:20 |Display all floors

Bears (such as North American Grizzly ) are thought to have the strongest sense of smell of any animal of land on earth. For example, the average dog's sense of smell is 100 times better than a humans. A blood hound's is 300 times better. A bear's sense of smell is 7 times better than a blood hound's or 2,100 times better than a human.
A bear's sense of smell is so acute that they can detect animal carcases upwind and from a distance of 18 miles away. You should just assume that they can smell the food in your food bag too.

In addition to the answer, I would also like to mention that giant male silk moths are the best smell sensing flying animal in the world. They can smell a female's perfume nearly seven miles (11 kilometers) away. Sharks are the strongest smell sensing animals of water. They can smell one part blood in 100 million parts of water.

Who can tell that a Silk Worm has a strong sense of smell??

Sorry about this thread but one of my Grandchildren just asked me the question so I looked it up.

Now you all got it too{:soso_e113:}

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2012-2-13 02:01:02 |Display all floors
PIG number One...
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2012-2-13 02:01:28 |Display all floors
Sorry Thought you said animal that smells the most
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-13 02:02:48 |Display all floors
piggy is my best bro.
jia na da ren

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.