Views: 24305|Replies: 55

New Forum   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-2-10 21:21:03 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Lono_Sainoa at 2012-2-10 21:21

you've done a pretty goood job out of the gate, but there are MANY problems with this forum, let me just address a few

•     no reply button on individual posts, if there is, i cant find it
  •     "new" drop down menu, what is it? what is "post" is it a new thread post, new topic post, new post in the thread, or is it a posted reply?? i have no idea...
  •     as im writing this 'post', i cant even see the thread name im replying to, it reads " Forum > News Talk > Talk to CHina Daily > Post".... The thread name should be after "Talk to CHina Daily", and Post should be changed to New Post, New Reply, or New Thread, depending on what is happening... right now i have no idea if this is  anew thread or a new post im making..
  •     quote is also not easy to do, i have to use HTML code to do it
  •     the old CD was great because you could see the entire message board, i think it was a bit too much, nobody needs to see different sections at the same time, but we should be able to see every category in news talk, and see their most recent 10-20 posts & threads, the thread creator, and the last posters name
  •     there should be the number of pages listed also, and you just click on a page to get there, or click on Post" to get to the last post
  •     as it sits, i have to open every category in News Talk in a different browser tab, and go through the new tabs one by one, jut to see whats going on in news talk.. its almost like you want to divide the forum into even smaller bits.. already people stay largely in their own categy, ie, news talk, etc, but now it feels like you want them to stay in their own section, like "world affairs" or something..
  •     expandable lists would be good for saving your simplistic view, or expanding each section to open the most recent 20 oe 30 posts, and the view should be saveable in preferences
  •     you should give people the option of changing back to the older-type view, if you arent going to change your interface, so people can get the view they want in their own user preferences
  •     and most importablt, enforce freedom of speech.
  •     everytime someone reports someone else, they lose 5000 credits
  •     people who report all the time should be discredited, and labelled a crybaby
  •     "reports" should be listed under your avatar, for the number of times you have reported other people to moderators, as well as the number of times you've been reported
  •     people should be forced to confirm their registration with a confirmation email, to prevent people from getting carried away with creating more handles than they have email accounts
  •     IP addresses should be reinstated
  •     people should be able to block others users posts from appearing ontheir own computer.. when a post is made by someone on your blacklist, you only see the message "This persons is on your blacklist and ht emessage will not be shown, to show this message, please remove this person from your blacklist in your site preferences"
  •     sexual topics should be banned
  •     i dont see many good polls anymore, i like the old poll system better
  • "Search" should be advanced for everyone, not only people with a million posts and 80000 stars

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-12 00:33:16 |Display all floors
the left column with the forum names has obviously been designed for mobile users, but it should at least have the number of viewers listed, so people can jump into the hottest forum topics together with ease

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-15 23:11:28 |Display all floors
you should have sections for various activities

such as night-life, travel, gardening, arts & crafts, food, etc.. instead of just putting everything together in free talk or easy life

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-15 23:29:39 |Display all floors
a few of your questions may be browser issues

some of the features don't seem to work with older IE
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-15 23:30:13 |Display all floors
I'll try to answer a few

the reply button is located at the bottom of each post
assmana.jpg
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-15 23:31:03 |Display all floors
however, it is clumsy at present

ie - it may not quote text you want from the post in your reply

you have to edit it in manually after
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-15 23:31:38 |Display all floors
next - the "new" button

here is what you should see f you hover over it...

assmanb.jpg
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.