Views: 28030|Replies: 44

Posters Should Provide References for Their Stories and Claims   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-2-10 17:15:38 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Transhumanist at 2012-2-10 04:19

I've noticed that most of the posts in this forum regarding news and other claims don't provide any references, documentation, works cited, links, etc.  This is very unprofessional.  How can anyone separate truth from falsification if no sources are provided?  How can anyone take any post or this forum seriously?

I only mention this because I care.  One good aspect of Western culture is that they have developed a very good scientific method and professional writing style which calls for detailed documentation so that the audience can verify and replicate claims.

Of course, I am only referring to serious posts making news claims and similar claims; I am not referring to posts that are just for fun.{:soso_e113:}
Transtopia.org,Eugenics.net,Amren.com,Vdare.com, Lef.org,Neoeugenics.com,Mankindquarterly.org, Gfactor.blogspot.com,Psychology.uwo.ca/faculty/rushton_pubs.htm,www.udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/reprints

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-2-11 12:40:25 |Display all floors
Truth and falsehood? What's that all about?
This place is for expressing opinions and nothing more.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-11 13:02:02 |Display all floors
to answer this I would like to refer you to the biblical texts - the only proof you need to see that people do believe bullsh1t without proof.

people believe the claim of a homeland called "Israel" - but there is not one single shred of proof that there ever was such a place - all there is are the lies of an ancient preisthood.

"Israelites" are not the people from this mythical land - they are clearly described in the texts as nothing more than the children of Israel and Israel was a person not a land - Israel was in fact a block called Jacob (just to muddy the water a bit more)

you want proof of what I have just posted go and read the lies for yourself.

why do you think most of the modern day religions have dropped the "old testament" like a hot potato and switched to the evolved version called the "new testament" with the personified god (jesus) and his miracles instead.

The Wolf is Your Shepherd.
Man created god before god created man and the world has been in turmoil ever since. Dots freak some people out - so they join them with lines that aren't really there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-11 13:23:20 |Display all floors
Shred of evidence

You claimed without a shred of evidence that 9/11 was carried out by a cave dweller half a world away.
9/11 was an inside job.
No second plane.It was a bomb.Bomb in the other building.
You KNOW without a doubt the videos are fake,right ?!
Planes don't meld into steel and concrete buildings.They crash into them !!!!!!!
It's amazing how the building ate the plane !!!
Imagine those fragile wings cutting slots in massive steel columns !!!!!
How STUPID can they think the people are to believe that crap ??!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-11 14:17:37 |Display all floors
petera Post time: 2012-2-11 13:23
Shred of evidence

You claimed without a shred of evidence that 9/11 was carried out by a cave dwell ...

Petera is using false premise rhetorical trickery.  Nobody claimed 9/11 was carried out by a “cave dweller a half a world away”.  It was carried out by 19 well educated and trained terrorists in 4 passenger jets over the usa.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-11 14:22:13 |Display all floors
brobostigon Post time: 2012-2-11 13:17
Petera is using false premise rhetorical trickery.  Nobody claimed 9/11 was carried out by a “cav ...

Exactly right, but it was masterminded/bankrolled by that caveman though.

I agree that copy/pasting without attribution is actually plagiarism and theft. Links and sources must be provided. I do provide links if/when I use other's material in a post.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-11 14:22:13 |Display all floors
Voice_cds got all evidences, what do you think ?

That's why they are judge too.

LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.