Alternative Music Scene [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-4-6 14:53:14 |Display all floors

Hang on the Box

Internationally popular Beijing band, Hang on the box
200504061453bb7c.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-10 14:52:10 |Display all floors

Sonic Youth in China

It is amazing if it is true. What kind of reception you think they will be getting in China? Once they get into their brand of guitar noise fest, are people going to walk out on them? I guess it has to do with who will be attending the 'biggest rock festival'. I don't know much about the scene in China, much less Chengdu. It  takes an acquired taste to appreciate Sonic youth. It is not likely all of a sudden people go crazy on them in a rock festival intended for mainstream audiance, even in the US, I don't think.

I checked out Faye Wang based on discussion earlier in this thread. It didn't do much for me, at least not this one album I've found.  For years, I listen to Bobby Chen. He is great when he is right on. Even when he is not, he still shows he is an artist true to himself, a rare quality in this day and age.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-11 18:07:51 |Display all floors

c'mon~hanging on the box sucks ass

their music is really stupid, even ourself besides me is better(the girl is ex-member in HOTB)

talkin'bout  punk in china, there are sveral nice underground bands, i like joyside, i also like that hardcore band Last Chance of youth. Muma is also nice, but haven't seen them play for long.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-11 18:14:49 |Display all floors

oh, and sonic youth?

i just have seen sonic bastards play in beijing, they had been to chengdu too. but sonic youth? have you mistaken bastards as youth? dear?

i also watched disturbance play, they were nice, at least people were really high.

i'm from chengdu but now is in beijing, i was in high school in chengdu then, so hardly went to the bars for live music, but i did know chengdu had many great bands. oh i just miss my hometwon!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-12 01:21:13 |Display all floors

no mistake my dear

I know sonic bastards, an Austrian stereotype oi-punk band. About Sonic Youth is coming to Chengdu, it's not a mistake

Greetings from Chengdu

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-12 06:33:31 |Display all floors

joyside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sonic youth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hang on the box do the coolest version of summertime ( Jains Joplin)
I have two of their CD's, great "cruising in the car" music

Joyside are excellent punkers, I have a CD of theirs featuring the legendary yangyang on guitar
absolutely cool , fun party CD, totally recommend it if you can get a copy.

I'll check out the others you mention if i can find them.

Sonic youth in Beijing - that is quite amazing!
I'll have to bring one of my own bands over there some day.

Jarmain, are you in a band?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-12 19:17:23 |Display all floors

what a shame i am not

i can just sing, but can't play any instrument,that sucks i know.
i really want to learn drums, but it's too expensive.

i also like last chance of youth, the new guy who plays drums is just so hot!

sonic youth will come??? cool, then i won't miss them whatever

btw, on 23 joyside will play in 13 bar, i will go for sure. people don't miss it!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.