Views: 117764|Replies: 98

Alternative Music Scene [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-3-31 21:38:35 |Display all floors
During my recent visit to Beijing, I stopped by the Foreign Language Bookstore on Wangfujing Avenue and picked up a couple of CDs by Hang In The Box and Q-Ki.  Later on in Shenzhen I picked up a CD by Ai Jing, on whom I saw a report on CCTV (I think).

I didn't stop by any clubs to check out local bands in Beijing (I'm not much on going to clubs), but now I wish I did.  I'm curious, what is the state of the underground/alternative music in Beijing?  Do you see it in other big cities as well like Shanghai?

What are the popular bands among college students in China?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-3 16:02:51 |Display all floors

No music fans out there?

Really?  Nobody's into the Beijing punk scene?

Okay, what Chinese artists (of any genre) do people like to listen here?  Or how about this--does anybody play a musical instrument?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-4 16:39:35 |Display all floors

i like to listen to Jay

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-5 06:03:49 |Display all floors

Jay?

Is that a group or a person?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-5 13:35:24 |Display all floors

Reply to Jay?

His full name is Jay Chou or Zhou jielun in Chinese.

Right now,he is a hot Taiwanese R&B singer who is famous for his inarticulate pronuciation and free-wheeling spirit and is also considered a  vanguard in R&B arena in China.

Lots of tweens and teens and twenty-somthing are infatuated by his talents and peronal charm.His style is not my cup of tea though.

Personally,I like Faye Wang's music or voice.There are few artists in China who can be so  as real and unfabricated and unique as her.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-29 01:33:21 |Display all floors

There is, but a bit tricky to find

It's hard to define what alternative is. Anyway
for the underground Chengdu music scene check out

www.platypusmusic.cn

Best sites in English about alternative music in China are the punk sites, it suprises but their sites are kind of the art and welll organized.

http://www.chinapunx.com
http://www.punxzone.com
http://www.wuhanpunk.com

Don't give me wrong I'm not into punk, but the BJ "The Believers" are definetely worth checking out (went to their concert in Chengdu).

Did I forget anything??? Let me know.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-1 10:39:07 |Display all floors

i like BSB

i like BSB  and  jay  ~
                    guitar is my favourite instrument ~

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.