Author: xilaren

How I spent chinese new year in Greece   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-2-8 20:43:51 |Display all floors
xilaren Post time: 2012-2-8 20:30
you do not know things of our every day life well.It is not like that.It is a long storyOne thing  ...

First of all....Slovakians who also have to pay for your debts by giving your country money are far worse off than Greeks.
Second. You can't compare the salaries in Germany and Greece without comparing the living costs,taxes,social security contributions etc. Greek salaries increased immensely since you got the Euro while German salaries decreased.

Anyway,I believe for many it might be tough,but it is your country, it were your politicians who made those debts and many if not all Greeks benefited or "cheated" a little bit in one way or another to not pay their taxes to the state. I got the impression most Greeks just want to go on like before while others pay their bills. Greeks have to realize that if no help would be granted by us fellow Europeans  you'd be broke and NO pensions could be paid for some time...
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-2-8 20:56:23 |Display all floors
Alex2010 Post time: 2012-2-8 20:43
First of all....Slovakians who also have to pay for your debts by giving your country money are fa ...

Ι do not know about the slovakians it is the first time I have heard of that.
The cost of living in Greece is a little higher of german.My daughers fiance is from Germany and his bother and parents are still living in Stutgard sorry for the spelling mistake so I know very well about the cost of living.
If we want t0 be honest europe promoted weapons to Greece which created so much cost.
The problem is that there is no greek real patriot right now to govern and make things change.All of them are sold souls to the system and you know very well what the system is.

I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-8 21:01:30 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-8 21:05:18 |Display all floors
xilaren Post time: 2012-2-8 20:56
Ι do not know about the slovakians it is the first time I have heard of that.
The cost of living  ...

The Slovakians were the only one saying no to the rescue fonds,later in a second vote they also agreed to pay but their government fell over it.

The cost of living? Even if that was true...forgot about the higher taxes (which are really paid by Germans to their government) and the social security contributions etc.?!

A Greek "patriot"? What would a "patriot" change? Not agreeing to the austerity measures? Which would mean Greek going bancrupt...GREAT!
Europe "promoted" weapons? Nobody really forced you to buy...it was still Greeks decision to say no.And don't tell me it was also Europe that forced Greece to keep an army that is one of the largest in Europe compared to your population...
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-8 21:59:32 |Display all floors
Alex2010 Post time: 2012-2-8 21:05
The Slovakians were the only one saying no to the rescue fonds,later in a second vote they also ag ...

Any way this conversation is endless.
I own no money to anybody so I have the right to celebrate with my chinese friends.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-8 21:59:55 |Display all floors
lau_guan_kim Post time: 2012-2-8 21:01
I share this sentiment.

Greece has a beautiful civilisation and culture.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-8 22:04:21 |Display all floors
xilaren Post time: 2012-2-8 21:59
Any way this conversation is endless.
I own no money to anybody so I have the right to celebrate w ...

I mean I owe  no money

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.