- Registration time
- Last login
- Online time
- 330 Hour
- Reading permission
This post was edited by travellinglight at 2012-2-3 13:37|
- “Death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a little while,” Westley (Cary Elwes) in “The Princess Bride.”This movie is a fairytale love story being told to a boy by his grandfather. In the film the couple faces dramatic events that try to keep them apart but in the end true love wins.
- “True love is the soul’s recognition of its counterpoint in another,” Claire Cleary (Rachel McAdams) in “Wedding Crashers”. In the movie John Beckwith (Owen Wilson) and his friend crash weddings to hook up with women. This quote is part Claire’s speech at her sister’s wedding that she got from John.
- “Marriage is like a tense, unfunny, version of “Everybody Loves Raymond”, only it doesn’t last 22 minutes. It last forever,” Pete (Paul Rudd) in “Knocked Up”. Ben (Seth Rogen) and Alison (Katherine Heigl) hook up and it results in an unwanted pregnancy. In the quote Pete is giving Ben advice.
- “A name makes no matter to me, as long as I can call you my own,” Jocelyn (Shannyn Sossamon) in “A Knight’s Tale.” A squire, William Thatcher (Heath Ledger), pretends to be a knight and falls in love with a woman of noble birth. Jocelyn sees pass his lack of title and when the truth comes out, she still loves him.
- “But when I marry, I want the woman to love me for wh I am, not because of what I am,” Prince Akeem (Eddie Murphy) in “Coming to America”. In the movie a prince comes to America to escape his arranged marriage. This quote sums up the moral of the movie.
- “Michael… I love you. I've loved you for nine years, I've just been too arrogant and scared to realize it, and… well, now I'm just scared.” Julianne Potter (Julia Roberts) in “My Best Friend’s Wedding”. In this romantic comedy Julianne makes a pact with her best friend, Michael O’Neal (Dermot Mulroney), to marry him if they don’t find other partners. Three weeks before the date they set Michael is marrying someone else and Juliaanne realizes she loves him.
- "I’ve kissed a guy… I’ve kissed guys. I just haven’t felt that thing…. That thing… that moment when you kiss someone and everything around you becomes hazy, and the only thing in focus is you and this person." Josie Geller (Drew Barrymore) in “Never Been Kissed”. In this romantic comedy a late bloomer pretends to be high schoolstudent for a story. She ends up falling in love with her teacher.
- “You will never know love unless you surrender to it,” Isabel Fuentes Whitman’s (Salma Hayek) great grandmother (Angelina Torres) in “Fools Rush in”. In the movie Isabel gets pregnant from a one night stand with Alex Whitman (Matthew Perry). This quote is some life advice from Isabel’s great grandmother.
- "I guarantee there’ll be tough times; I guarantee that at some point, one, or both of us is gonna wanna get out of this thing; But I also guarantee, that if I don’t ask you to be mine, I’ll regret it for the rest of my life… because I know in my heart, that you’re the only one for me." Ike Graham (Richard Gere) in “Runaway Bride”. In this romantic comedy Ike is a reporter writing a story about a woman, Maggie Carpenter (Julia Roberts), who leaves men at the altar. In the end he gets too close to the story and falls for her.
- “A bird may love a fish, Signore, but where would they live?” Danielle (Drew Barrymore) in “EverAfter”. This is a funny re-telling based off of the classic fairytale “Cinderella”. This quote is when Danielle is questioning how her and the prince can be together.