Author: Hmoonhistorian

Hmong/Miao American built a school for Chinese Student [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-2-2 15:48:54 |Display all floors
SMITHI Post time: 2012-1-31 16:00
So true my friend , so true.

This video is one of an example that any Chinese can do for poor Americans and raise his nation's image at the same time. Try to leave politics out of it and over time, people will come to love China the way I love China.
I am an Asian American. I came to Chinadaily forum hoping to share my experience, knowledge, and my point of view. And in return I want to get the same in return from friends from around the world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-27 10:23:57 |Display all floors
Hmoonhistorian Post time: 2012-1-31 06:49
This is the kind of things that we ordinarly Americans were doing for the poor Chinese people, and t ...

i know this is a really old thread. but are there any poor people in america?
The North Remembers

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-28 22:36:19 |Display all floors
gavingy Post time: 2013-6-26 20:23
i know this is a really old thread. but are there any poor people in america?

Yes, As an American, I can see tons of poor to super poor Americans everyday especially in slums of big cities. If China wants to built credibility as a world power, they should start to help poor Americans directly by aligning itself with NGO organizations in the U.S. The U.S. government is a privatized organization control by a few rich powerful thieves. If China wants to earn the heart and minds of American, they should begin to help poor Americans directly the way many of us Americans had help some Hmong Chinese in China.
I am an Asian American. I came to Chinadaily forum hoping to share my experience, knowledge, and my point of view. And in return I want to get the same in return from friends from around the world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-28 22:37:45 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-6-27 04:01
The Hmong suffering from foot-and-mouth disease, such as Moon Man who posted the O.P. are still st ...

People are ignoring the poor Americans because thieves who control the U.S. refuse to let the truth out about how poor Americans are.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-28 22:56:39 |Display all floors
This post was edited by gavingy at 2013-6-28 22:57
Hmoonhistorian Post time: 2013-6-28 22:36
Yes, As an American, I can see tons of poor to super poor Americans everyday especially in slums o ...

Ok maybe I should've made my point clearer. Of course the American standard of "poor" is not the same with the Chinese as the two countries are not exactly on par in terms of their citizens' incomes. And I've known people who have gone out of business or lost their jobs after the financial crisis. Like you said, a large chunk of America's wealth is in the hand of a few rich and I can assure you almost everyone loathes them as much as you do. But nobody can challenge the current status quo unless the government does something in favor of its own people. But you gotta understand the political side of things: it's whoever pleases those wealthy few best that gets the pass to white house.

I'd like to see how China can help America solve its own problem when the government itself has no intention to change how things are right now (don't you believe Obama's hollow words though i have to admit he speaks most eloquently).
The North Remembers

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-28 22:56:53 |Display all floors
Hmoonhistorian Post time: 2013-6-28 15:37
People are ignoring the poor Americans because thieves who control the U.S. refuse to let the trut ...

Yes true ! What is worse the rich try to find a way to charge the evicted Las Vegas people who lives in the storm drains this day´s.
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-28 23:04:29 |Display all floors
gavingy Post time: 2013-6-28 08:56
Ok maybe I should've made my point clearer. Of course the American standard of "poor" is not the sa ...

The American standard of poor under corporate thieves control is much worse than the Chinese so yes it may not be the same, but that does not mean that we American do not need help from China and the international community.

And yes, we can wait until the U.S. government drop out of corporate thieves control and come back to the people, but how long will that be? The U.S. government under thieves control is trying to find everyway possible to spy on Americans to make sure we can never control our own government again. Is it too much to ask for China or any other international body to come and help Americans heat our homes, feed our kids, provide us with shelters, and protect us from police brutalities? I don't think Americans can dig ourselves out of the holes that corporate thieves put us in. Only China align with NGO in the U.S. can save Americans now.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.