Views: 9946|Replies: 29

How can American and Chinese promote good friendship and prevent hatred   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-27 05:29:30 |Display all floors
Even since, the U.S. under some ruling elites had tried to take over China by arming Chang Kai Shek and his brothers, China and and U.S. had been in a very bad relationship. Richard Nixon put our countries back on track toward friendship by ensuring China of "One China" policy, but since the treaty, U.S. continue to sell arms to Taiwan and using nations around China to disturb the peace which had cause more distrusts between China and the U.S.

What can the American people and the Chinese people  do to promote friendship and trust?

What your personal reason why you would hate China or Chinese and their way of governing? which mean what has China do to you that cause you to hate China and distrust them?

If you are Chinese why do you hate American?  What has Americans done to you or your country that cause you to hate us Americans?

Please no personal attacks among members. Try to focus on areas where we can create trust and frendship between us Americans and the Chinese people.
I am an Asian American. I came to Chinadaily forum hoping to share my experience, knowledge, and my point of view. And in return I want to get the same in return from friends from around the world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-27 12:57:50 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-27 19:51:25 |Display all floors
BingDing69 Post time: 2012-1-26 22:57
you can do that by STFU.

Any other ways?
I am an Asian American. I came to Chinadaily forum hoping to share my experience, knowledge, and my point of view. And in return I want to get the same in return from friends from around the world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-27 21:57:55 |Display all floors
the idea that nixon was behind the one child policy is new to me.i think sites like this one are a good thing when they are not taken as seriously as some do and are not subverted for hateful rants. both of the mentioned powers are arms exporters.there really is no differences between the peoples of either county that make it impossible for individual relationships to blossom.as for business  differences i think a lot of it is political .like import or export duties and problems with customs that stifle small business relations.for instance if i buy sensitive electronics some components can not  be shipped over seas but also i dont want them damaged during shipping and dont want to wait six weeks then what if there is problems with customs ,and what if there is a problem with the order?what options do i have ?for me it is simpler to buy nearer to home even if i have to spend hours looking for the cheapest that is stateside.then there is the fact that a lot of chineese manufacturers have poor translation on their web sites and want you to basicly build them a cad drawing of what you want all the while converting metric from inches instead of just routing all their traffic from english speaking countries to a different web page and having the available items displayed in a point and click fashion in the most popular sizes and dealing with special orders on the side  .and very few americans hate the chineese ,i disliked one chineese emigrant lady i met because she was a short change artist and all ways used to follow me around her store,but some people are just like that.no most americans are actually impressed by chinneese history that goes back four thousand years farther than ours and their tasty foods,the ability of the masses to make lower wages and still stick it out ,and with the whole taking the shoes off thing also there is martial arts and philosophy .
every body writes on walls but me

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-27 23:40:15 |Display all floors
This post was edited by cestmoi at 2012-1-27 23:46

What can the American people and the Chinese people  do to promote friendship and trust?

With great difficulties! China and Chinese are like "lightning rods", a political conductor for things that have gone wrong in USAnian society and economy. Examples:
* Jobs: the Chinese took them away from us!
* Competition: the Chinese government manipulate the exchange rate!
* Global stability: the Chinese are not behind USAnian or NATO policies!
The list goes on and the more their politicians demonize China and Chinese to get that few more %-tages of votes to get over the line, the more vindictive it will get. USAnian politicians need to pander to the 10% oddballs.
Many USAnians I met are totally oblivious to Chinese history (Japan invaded China? What Opium War? Hong Kong belongs to England!). On the positive side they do know where China is and their politicians told them we are the enemies to be blamed for their predicaments.
Here is a thought, put on many more current event and historical documentaries on China, then and now. History channels, National Geographics, Chinese artefacts in museums, sponsored lectures in Chinese cultures... and please NO POLITICIZING these events.
One of the worse thing China can do is to politicize "cultural events". No one is interested in what this or that Chinese politician said. USAnians can see right through that.
Also, how about more interviews with Chinese leaders by global news agencies? Reuters, CNN and BBC comes to mind and I think both President Hu and Premier Wen can handle that. Chinese tend to be very thin-skinned, try a bit of humor.
Some Chinese practices devastate global environment and global flora and fauna. You cannot make medicine out of Rhino horns or Tiger penis and bile from bears' gall bladders is off the menu. Try not to eat dogs and cats infront of other people, although not unethical per se, I too find it hard to swallow, no punt meant.
It goes both ways. It is not just an effort the USAnians have to make, it is also an effort the Chinese have to make as well.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-27 23:47:12 |Display all floors
BingDing69 Post time: 2012-1-27 12:57
you can do that by STFU.

No, Moonie is not going to STFU.
Why don't you STFU, DingDong?
You keep talking, Moonie.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-27 23:47:48 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Hmoonhistorian at 2012-1-27 15:30
cestmoi Post time: 2012-1-27 09:40

With great ...

Sorry, I didn't know you areChinese. I thought you are Americans like me. So let me ask again.

As American, we distrust  China because  we are being misled and trained to hate China since birth. Andtoday, everything is going wrong with America is being blame on China.

For you Chinese, you distrustAmerica because of past wrong doing against China and too many Chinese bloodhas been spilled as a result. And today, America continue to threaten Chinawith military moves along China border and America's continuous killing ofinnocent in other countries.

These political things hascause great distrust among us American and the Chinese people.

What this thread is trying todo is to reach out to people individually. It seems that you are Chinese, sowhat has American done to your family or you directly that cause you todistrust. And if you can do anything to make American trust you, what would youdo?

And what you want Americans todo in return to get your trust?

I am American, andpersonally, China has never done anything to me personally that make me todistrust or hate China. When I was younger, I hate China simply because I wastold to hate since I was a little kid. We were trained to fear Communism and the evilness of what Communism doto people. Now that I am older, I had learned that what Chinese did during therevolution was more of  a nationalrevolution than Communism. Many people who they believed were committingtreason were killed or chased out of China, which had nothing to do with Communism.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.