Views: 8011|Replies: 23

Easy money... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-14 18:59:50 |Display all floors
If you suddenly found an easy way of making money would you ruthlessly take full advantage or would you have a conscience about it and stop ?

Lets say its legal but of questionable ethics.
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-14 19:50:38 |Display all floors
While easy money can stretch one's conscience, it cannot stretch one's luck.  The same luck that brings the method to make easy money will turn from good to bad when the method causes suffering and loss in others.

In any case, this is just a simple and perhaps naive personal belief.  How much again did you say the easy money was?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2012-1-14 20:25:10 |Display all floors
It goes without saying, if it's legal.

Business is business

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-14 21:21:49 |Display all floors
naive personal belief

Not naive and ethical business should trump greed should it not ?

I made 2 grand in 3 weeks no risk-more to follow if i want.

The law favours rich men.

Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-14 21:45:20 |Display all floors
i wonder whether the law of averages works to accelerate easy-quick-money schemes to their ultimate destination - the realization of the age-old adage.

Namely, easy come easy go.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-14 21:49:53 |Display all floors
For most people its HARD come easy go..

Basically i hate privilege and the old boys network where WHO you know beats WHAT you know everytime.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-14 21:57:43 |Display all floors
That is because the market system has an inherent kink - it lives only for its own efficiency.  However, in doing so, those with money will use money to make more money which elbows money-making space away from those who don't have money to do the same.  It then becomes a monopoly of means.

You can break this cycle.  But it requires the virtue of altruism which unfortunately is absent in the system which had enabled one to kick-start the cycle in the first place.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.