Author: vivian0102

Symbols of China in foreigners' eyes   [Copy link] 中文

Glod Medal

Post time 2012-1-14 05:03:35 |Display all floors
I've been coming to China for almost 30 years....What you are showing are Chinese Things...They are not what I would consider Symbols of China...
The Forbidden City, The Yangtze River, The Great Wall....those would be symbols of China.................
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-14 11:39:06 |Display all floors
snappysammy Post time: 2012-1-14 07:03
I've been coming to China for almost 30 years....What you are showing are Chinese Things...They are  ...

Oh I disagree there snappy, Calligraphy and the other arts are very much symbols of China, but I guess most do think of the big things first, But to me, its the writing, the silk, the hand crafts etc, and of course the 长城 chang cheng.
I'm a little bit wrong and your a little bit right.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-14 11:50:17 |Display all floors
hardluck2008 Post time: 2012-1-13 12:31
so many elements build up Chinese Culture!

yes!!!

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2012-1-16 01:40:42 |Display all floors
Ronny Post time: 2012-1-14 11:39
Oh I disagree there snappy, Calligraphy and the other arts are very much symbols of China, but I g ...

I see your point....but remember I'm never wrong....so how do I reverse course...

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2012-1-16 01:45:46 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-1-14 11:21
You have just said in so many words what you think of people you don't know and what they think ab ...

Sir Senny...with all due respect  Pasta, Ravioli, ETC.. was invented in Brooklyn New York, bu Bobo Polo, Marco's older brother......Marco brought perfect al-dante pasta to China, on his travels.....To which the Chinese immediately called them Noodles and from that day forward they have over-cooked THEM...I like chinese noodles.....but I love Pasta......

Dumplings vs Ravioli.....I call it a tie...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-16 06:06:16 |Display all floors
snappysammy Post time: 2012-1-16 03:40
I see your point....but remember I'm never wrong....so how do I reverse course...

no need to reverse, the earth is round, you'll get there and never have to say those words " i think I'm wrong"  It never happened ( the hug is proverbial, don't get excited)

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2012-1-16 06:07:27 |Display all floors
The Hug is OK..but know tongue kissing

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.